• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

ESP reliability tips for 2-bolt users

rev9fan1

what the hell so i have a clone of a clone ****ing great!!! so is this filter not good at all or can i get away with it, did it create the issue i have?

G

If your not in the dirt it is fine.

Is your truck a Redcat? What was the name on the box?

rev9fan1

yup its a redcat rampage xsc i mean the box it was in didnt have redcat on it, it can in a card board looking box and when i opened it, it had the truck in there and it was zip tied down to a big cardboard platform.

rev9fan1

well my issue is i have it already, so with this motor rebuild i might have to do i don't think ill be able to afford another air filter...am i safe with this one for now? everytime i go into dirt i plan on cleaning it and putting new oil in it.

G

rev9fan1 said:
yup its a redcat rampage xsc i mean the box it was in didnt have redcat on it, it can in a card board looking box and when i opened it, it had the truck in there and it was zip tied down to a big cardboard platform.
That's the shipping carton Redcat Racing provides. The unites displayed on store shelves are packaged in the pretty display boxes. Nothing to worry about there.

G

rev9fan1 said:
well my issue is i have it already, so with this motor rebuild i might have to do i don't think ill be able to afford another air filter...am i safe with this one for now? everytime i go into dirt i plan on cleaning it and putting new oil in it.
Keep it oiled and throw a prefilter on it and you might be ok. These guys are just suggesting products to prevent damage to your engine once you get her going again. If you have to save up for some good parts, that's understandable. 5th scale can be expensive.

rev9fan1

oh yea prefilter i remember i was gonna ask can i use a sock?

G

rev9fan1 said:
oh yea prefilter i remember i was gonna ask can i use a sock?
A sock is too course. Some guys use a piece of panty hoe or nylon stocking. I know very sexy!

rev9fan1

nice! lol i may have to piss the gf off more :p

alfred e numan

If you have to use the little a-main filter for a short time, go to a dirt bike shop and buy a small bottle of Maxima FFT foam filter oil. This is the best there is for foam filters. once you get it on your hands you will see why. smear a light coat of grease on the filters sealing surfaces- install. Sqeeze out as much of the fft as you can- use a old tee shirt- sqeeze it wrapped around the outside of the filter. it is impossable to remove too much of this stuff. just do not twist the foam and rip it.

Deluge

alfred e numan said:
that engine became hot. look at the backed on color on the piston skirt. the piston expanded-- ripped up the bore. just wondering-- what oil do you use and at what ratio?
How can you see that? They look like shadows to me. Lol. He said the damage is below the intake. If it got hot (I'm not saying it didn't) wouldn't the damage be more at the top of the piston in the ring area? Wouldn't the damage be at the top of the cylinder, as well?

To me it looks like some dirt got in and scraped it up a bit. But that's me.

Deluge

rev9fan1 said:
thats what im saying lol i don't know what motor came in this thing, with all these clones that are out and everything. I mean my engine LOOKS like the one on nitro rcx but thats just the outside, they all look the same to me. All i know is my girlfriend bought this for me on ebay and it was brand new in the box, but it wasnt from redcat. So i don't know what motor is in it, if i had to guess its whatever redcat puts stock in their cars.
It's an HY. Which is basically a CY clone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.