• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

ESP reliability tips for 2-bolt users

rev9fan1

RCDAD said:
It will be the same stock engine. If you have to spend that kind of money I would get one of the ported kits. You will end up with much more power. :D
thats what i was thinking plus the bearings and crank in this engine seem fine, no metal shavings n the bottom of the crank case either

G

You want to make sure it works with a CY.

rev9fan1

Guantanamo Joe said:
If you don't have money to buy a new head, post on here for help and you might find someone who has upgraded their head to the ported kit. I did and would have been happy to send you my old head and piston, but I dropped the piston and it has a nick on it- which will cause exactly what you already have going on.I am no expert, but I have had to rebuild 2 of these already- what kind of air filter are you running and in what kind of conditions? If this is only on the intake side is it possible that some sand or dirt could have gotten in? Are there any metal shavings in the head or crank case?
its the gold filter thats advertized on the top of the page sometimes, i forgot where i got it from ill have to look but i have only been running it on the street. I havent been doing any bashing in the dirt or jumping it, because ive been trying to get it tuned, but then the stock plastic in take warps, i crash the car full speed into a curb so i rebuilt it...so a lot of things have been happening and i havent been able to use it like i want to.

rev9fan1

RCDAD said:
You want to make sure it works with a CY.
thats what im saying lol i don't know what motor came in this thing, with all these clones that are out and everything. I mean my engine LOOKS like the one on nitro rcx but thats just the outside, they all look the same to me. All i know is my girlfriend bought this for me on ebay and it was brand new in the box, but it wasnt from redcat. So i don't know what motor is in it, if i had to guess its whatever redcat puts stock in their cars.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
It only takes a second for this to happen if it gets too lean. Sometimes it can happen before you drive it back and shut it down. The piston expands when it gets too hot and then game over. It's the unburnt fuel that helps to keep it cool. When you introduce more air into the engine through a leak you get a lean condition regardless of the carb settings.
Yep, that's what I was trying to explain to him :D but in a noob way LOL!

alfred e numan

rev9fan1 said:
That is wayy to much money for that filter set up. There are quite a few types of filters that are much better for less $$. I favor the dt-1 brand. Others prefer the filters that are used on the hpi 5-b 1/5 scale car. perhaps others may chime in with there suggestions. we want you to get the most for your money. You could have 2 dt-1 filters for the price of the a-main filter.

rampage idiot

I use a DT-1 filter also it is 3 stage and your engine is a HY 30.5cc it is a cy clone and they are both a zenoah clone!

G

rev9fan1 said:
thats what im saying lol i don't know what motor came in this thing, with all these clones that are out and everything. I mean my engine LOOKS like the one on nitro rcx but thats just the outside, they all look the same to me. All i know is my girlfriend bought this for me on ebay and it was brand new in the box, but it wasnt from redcat. So i don't know what motor is in it, if i had to guess its whatever redcat puts stock in their cars.
It will be a CY or HY. So any parts for a CY will work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts