• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

ESP reliability tips for 2-bolt users

G

rev9fan1 said:
yea i took my old gasket (metal) and put the new paper one under it and lined up the holes then took a black sharpie and made a line for cutting...works like a champ, no head gasket leak what so ever, and i have new teflon gaskets with the bolts cut down, no leaks there. i started her up to check for the leaks so its all good. Now i just have to get everything back together and off to tuning :-D for the 100th time. So i will tune it like RCDAD said, but if i do get it tuned is it permanent or do i have to tune it for cold weather too? is there a medium like if it gets 100 degrees here in the summer and 0 degrees in the winter can i tune it on a day that its 50 degrees and it will be ok for all year round?
desismileys_3266.gif Awesome!

Like Deluge said just a tad richer in the very cold weather. However if you run a slightly rich tune, to be on the safe side, you would most likely be ok for the colder months. Just do a plug check when the season changes. That is the easiest visual to see what's going on in the engine.

Deluge

alfred e numan said:
yea, the gaskets will not slide over the bore. the jug is thicker. this is on the hy engines. also noticed that the flat sealing surface on a hy-cy that the intake manafold is just a hair wider than a zen jug. wish it was about 1/3 wider and had four bolts instead of two - intake and exhaust. this may nottbe worded correctly- still on my 1st cup of coffee, have not hit my target heart rate yet!
That makes sense. Some people have said that when they install a CY cylinder on the HY case, there's a bit of play there. So the HY cylinder is a bit thicker. Noted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.