• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

engines

kydo32

ok so no major problems then with drivetrain does it bolt right up using stock mounts and can ya use the stock 2 stage filter? thanks for the input it helps alot phil convinced me of the Zenoah just didn't realize for little more and could have the 31cc and I also has a choke I see which kinda what iwas looking for if decide run in colder temps in winter would be big help or shelf it for winter and aluminum it out

kydo32

pretty clean and your chassis and rims look alot better lol I sometimes run in stone 20 to 30 foot high hills and really chews it up from all the stones it sends flying lol I also run same pipe but chrome and my pull starter I have now is cable and window screened in so no need for dust cover

Last edited by a moderator:

celm

I will tell you one thing, its a totally different machine with this motor compared to that POS HY motor it comes with

kydo32

celm said:
I will tell you one thing, its a totally different machine with this motor compared to that POS HY motor it comes with
hows your drive shafts and your drive cups hold up I am running cvds but have mcd dogbones to replace them do you know of a heavier duty center drive front and back shafts for mt back one looks little tweeked thanks celm probally be buying one these instead but air filter does fit

celm

I say with my motor,port job and pipe my motor is in the 7hp range, the MT hold up no problem

kydo32

wow!!! hows your drive shafts and your drive cups hold up I am running cvds but have mcd dogbones to replace them do you know of a heavier duty center drive front and back shafts for mt back one looks like its tweeked . stock air filter fit?? is there anything beside exhaust gaskets I need ?? thanks celm looks like I may spend the little extra and get this motor instead

celm

there holding up great, no signs of uneven wear or twisting in the CV`s. were I am running I think I may either need a 2 speed or play with the ratio for more top end.

I have this same motor and modded by TRM power, its going into by XB I am just waiting on a few parts. my buddy put the same motor ,built by same person in his XB and its ridiculous. so much torque, break all 4 tires loose

Phill

I have no experience with this motor but after reading the comments it's on my shopping list

Silent_chaos

Phill said:
I have no experience with this motor but after reading the comments it's on my shopping list
I'm planning to get a bartolone Racing Reed case G320 with a 2mm crank (makes it 34cc). I talked with Chris the other day he said they are testing it and once it is ready, they're gonna put it in peoduction. They need around another 2 months. So if you have an 900$ to spare, this will make a hell of a good upgrade

kydo32

ok got motor today!!!!! . Should I use Loctite on bolts on the clutch and nuts for gears and what kind red or blue Loctite? how do you tighten down the clutch without it moving???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts