• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

engines

Phill

BertR said:
Here is an example... My stock 30cc would only hit 24-27 mph with trenchers and flipped A&B gears then I put in a gp290 and blew the doors off the stock or the crmk 30 will leave the stock in the dust ..not all motors perform the same or are the same. I feel the stocker is over rated in terms of power from my experience and if you put one on a dyno I bet it hits about 2.9-3.1 HP
What gearing are you running Bert?

kydo32

BertR said:
Here is an example... My stock 30cc would only hit 24-27 mph with trenchers and flipped A&B gears then I put in a gp290 and blew the doors off the stock or the crmk 30 will leave the stock in the dust ..not all motors perform the same or are the same. I feel the stocker is over rated in terms of power from my experience and if you put one on a dyno I bet it hits about 2.9-3.1 HP
the gp290 still a Zenoah motor?

Phill

Last edited by a moderator:

BertR

No worries Phill! Hell I confuse myself half the time lol. Gp290 is a CY and the G290rc is a zen and if I had to put a cost friendly and reliability with decent power it would be the G290rc

kydo32

ok since the Zenoah 290rc has more power then the 30cc stock motor I will be ordering in couple weeks thanks everyone for helping me in my decision!! when I change motor do the gear bolts need to be torqed down if so whats the torq anything else need be torq down too?

Phill

I don't torque em myself but here's the settings for the motorJust make sure everything is tight

Torque Settings.jpg

Torque Settings.jpg

/monthly_2014_07/583c6070e9076_TorqueSettings.jpg.88fd86b2ed16553260e0a1421d971e34.jpg

kydo32

have you ever tried the air filter comes with the g290rc or should it be changed thanks again for the help I would be lost if wasn't for you guys and I will be getting the g290rc

BertR

You can use the one on your existing engine... Take out the allen blolts that are inside the filter and swap over. Remember that the carb will come off when you remove the 2 bolts so don't panic lol.

kydo32

I knew about switching the air filter was just wondering if anyone every tried running the one comes on motor

BertR

I have not tried the filter that comes with it...sorry I miss understood lol. It .at be good for street running.. I run sand a lot so I have to have superior protection with the Dt1 3 stage.

kydo32

no problem maybe I should stick with the 2 stage v3mt one I run dirt and stones

BertR

kydo32 said:
no problem maybe I should stick with the 2 stage v3mt one I run dirt and stones
I agree with you on that ..I keep my stock filter on hand in the field for the in case $h!t happens times.

kydo32

anyone running a zenoah g320rc in mt??

ok went to order the Zenoah g290 rc 28.5 noticed for 80$ more could get the Zenoah g320rc 31.8 .brand new motor this year. anybody out there running a rampage mt with this motor ? and have you broken alot since? wondering if be to much on drive train and tear stuff up or be a great motor for weight of truck and size tires? I plan on going all aluminum on truck this winter so I am trying find my best deal in some power and speed in a motor without tearing up truck

celm

I'm running my MT with the new 320rc and it was ported and polished by TRM power. The MT runs awesome with the 320rc

Silent_chaos

I don't own an MT but +1 or +1.5 bhp is not overkill on a drivetrain. G320 is around 4bhp, with a pipe ull have around 5.5 bhp. That's not extreme. I recall couple of guys here having Fullmods 7.7bhps on their MT. They can give you more insight.

Extreme means a reed motor or a bigbore engine. Usually 9bhp+

Ildy666

I have a gizmo's full mod and it's awesome the MT needs a strong motor so don't put off on a larger horse power motor because of issues ur gonna have issues regardless. ...lol....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts