• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

engines

kydo32

I am looking into a better engine for mt found a Zenoah 2g290rc 28.5cc 3.5 hp motor and a cy 30.5 cc engine from king motors .how much hp does 30.5 cc have? which is better motor?I notice Zenoah has 990 not sure about 30.5 cy but it is a walbro carb I am looking imto the same power my mt had when first got it before breaking down thinking be less hassle if just dropped a new better motor in it then deal with all problems having with carb and all I put a new 668 recommended by ddm and bolts seem to long with billet manifold it would come loose and high rev with no notice in adjustments I took and put on stock gaskets and had hard time starting it when got started noticed oily residue all on shock towers suspension arms all in front and below air filter my idle still isn't working and ls and hs are stock settings .so new motor??? I have no experience with motors what so ever more in to electrical so all help is deeply appreciated

Silent_chaos

Depends on how much you are willing to invest.

What's your budget?

You have engines from 250$ to 3700$

Ranging from 3 bhp to 18 bhp

rcgasser

the cy 30.5 motor will give you the same power that you have in the MT now. The 28.5cc motor will rev higher then the motor you have now with not as much torque. as the 30.5

Phill

Get the Zenoah

It's a 4 bolt so less hassles

Runs great in my DR

Too much horsepower and you start breaking things

BertR

Spend 19 more $$ and get the obr prostock 30.5 long block and have 5-5.5 HP and if you want more later send it in to be milled to a full mod 6.5 HP or long rod 7.5 . You can't beat the price of the long block with that kind of options and power.

xscrick

Banned
and for a few bucks more than the prostock ..........for 240 bucks,, u can get a obr 27.2 6.5hp full mod long block,, they got a special on cylinders and are passing on the savings,,, check out there site.....just intall the bits from your engine on it,, and break it in and run it,,, 6.5hp screamer..... a full mod 30.5 is 7.5hp for 315 bucks in a long block

Silent_chaos

I don't like the long rod since you'll lose torque. Long rod is good for long sprints and straight lines.

If i were you, id get the Zenoah G320. It's 299$ but you'll have the newest engine technology.

It delivers around 4bhp before installing a pipe and it has tremndous torque on it.

So u'll be reaching around 5.5bhp with a pipe and it'll be screaming.

Moreover, in August, DDM is going do release a 2mm crankshaft which will make the engine be 34cc.

Phill

As far as I've read you need to change the clutch carrier too use the 32cc

Correct me if I'm wrong

xscrick

Banned
but the g320 is stock,,, with a obr u get billet tr/ obr crankcase, cnc machining,,, in a long block though,, where the other is complete stock engine,, I would think 5.5 hp for 219 in a Zenoah 4 bolt 30.5 cc obr is pretty good price,,,, or the 240 for a 6.5hp 27.2 full mod screamer would be even better,, and obr has excellent customer service,, just my opinion for bang for buck,, why buy stock when modded can be same price or cheaper,,, if u put either the prostock or the full mod against the stock g320,, the g320 will be sitting there while the others are gone..... and the parts for the zenoahs are plentiful,, the g320 is getting some aftermarket help,, but is still its own engine,,, a lot of the standard Zenoah /cy parts don't fit

Last edited by a moderator:

kydo32

Phill said:
Get the ZenoahIt's a 4 bolt so less hassles

Runs great in my DR

Too much horsepower and you start breaking things
how much difference did you see between stock 30cc or the Zenoah still want have bottom end like was with stock. I also live in western ny and our winters are becoming longer then summer so a choke would be helpful especially in the cold

Phill

kydo32 said:
thanks guys but putting a motor like the long block seems like I would break more stuff I did find this at ddm for 189 20 extra for chrome so its either cy 30.5 for 174.99 or this one http://www.davesmotors.com/chung-yang-129-214806-129-214811-cy29rc-3-5-hp-engine-129214806-129214811.html its in my budget range also want a motor with carb installed so can just bolt right on and run
With the CY you're still only getting a 2 bolt

I run this one

http://www.davesmotors.com/zenoah-g290rc-engine-black-with-clutch-966669901-g290-290.html

with a pipe and standard clutch and can still break drive cups.

You'll need to use your old engine cover

Phill

kydo32 said:
how much difference did you see between stock 30cc or the Zenoah still want have bottom end like was with stock. I also live in western ny and our winters are becoming longer then summer so a choke would be helpful especially in the cold
Better motor all round

Spins all 4 wheels on take off

If it's cold change to a CRM5 plug

Available at any mower shop

kydo32

Phill said:
Better motor all roundSpins all 4 wheels on take off

If it's cold change to a CRM5 plug

Available at any mower shop
I still have monster tires on it will still spin all four like before

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts