• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

engines

Silent_chaos

Phill said:
As far as I've read you need to change the clutch carrier too use the 32ccCorrect me if I'm wrong
For losi yes. It's 5$ more.

Silent_chaos

xscrick said:
but the g320 is stock,,, with a obr u get billet tr/ obr crankcase, cnc machining,,, in a long block though,, where the other is complete stock engine,, I would think 5.5 hp for 219 in a Zenoah 4 bolt 30.5 cc obr is pretty good price,,,, or the 240 for a 6.5hp 27.2 full mod screamer would be even better,, and obr has excellent customer service,, just my opinion for bang for buck,, why buy stock when modded can be same price or cheaper,,, if u put either the prostock or the full mod against the stock g320,, the g320 will be sitting there while the others are gone..... and the parts for the zenoahs are plentiful,, the g320 is getting some aftermarket help,, but is still its own engine,,, a lot of the standard Zenoah /cy parts don't fit
True. I prefer the g320 just because it has new engine technology.

In the future, you can just change it's top end for full mod. (Or reed)

Ddm already made billet insulator manifold and billet TR Hd clutch housing for it for better cooling.

It comes with 1052 carb which is better than 998 or 990.

I think im gonna go with the above later on and add 2mm stuffed crankshaft with lightened flywheel. Throw in a bartolone pipe and gg

kydo32

Phill said:
I have a DR so I don't have any experience with MT tyres sorry
that's why was looking at the cy 30.5 cc cause takes a lot get those big tires going I appreciate your help though im thinking of both engines still. what gaskets do I need when order the motor ? what clutch come with your engine? does stock air breather fit? does the starter from my stock fit those motors ? reason is I just got cable one and screened in the inside with window screen

Last edited by a moderator:

Phill

It comes with a 6k clutch which I prefer as you're not hitting the drivetrain with all that power at high revs.

I'm after reliability not something that I have to keep pulling apart because somethings broken.

After my experience with the stock engine there's no way I'd ever touch another chinese motor

Zenoah is made in Japan and far superior quality

Your pull start will fit cause you have to use your old engine cover (the Zenoah bolt holes are slightly out on the front cover)

Your air filter will also fit as will any pipe you have

celm

I just got my 2 brand new Zenoah 320rc motors, they were both modded by Toxic Al at www.trmpower.com

one is going in my MT and the other in my XB, he said there coming out with a stroker kit for the 320RC and it will make it a torque monster. looks like the MT motor will be getting that soon

Silent_chaos

I think in my opinion, the best engines out there are the Bartolones. I have seen the OBR Reed 30cc and the Bartolone Reed 30cc.

I might say that the Bartolone is superior in power. It just rips and doesn't stop.

The OBR 32cc reed is about 9.2 bhp. It does wheelies a lot. It's 750$ if im not mistaken.

The bartolone 32cc reed is around 800$. I contacted Chris back in May and he said he would finish making the reed cases in a month. So I guess he's ready.

Motors are personal preference. I always tend to go more advanced in tech. That's why id choose the 32cc at this moment over the 30cc

kydo32

Phill said:
It comes with a 6k clutch which I prefer as you're not hitting the drivetrain with all that power at high revs.I'm after reliability not something that I have to keep pulling apart because somethings broken.

After my experience with the stock engine there's no way I'd ever touch another chinese motor

Zenoah is made in Japan and far superior quality

Your pull start will fit cause you have to use your old engine cover (the Zenoah bolt holes are slightly out on the front cover)

Your air filter will also fit as will any pipe you have
that's exactly what looking for not having to fix all time . what gaskets will I be needing? and how hard is it to get the 990 carb going in cold weather? the motor you have says 3.5 and the 30 cy says 3.7 hp .2 hp isn't really that much loss is it

Phill

kydo32 said:
that's exactly what looking for not having to fix all time . what gaskets will I be needing? and how hard is it to get the 990 carb going in cold weather? the motor you have says 3.5 and the 30 cy says 3.7 hp .2 hp isn't really that much loss is it
You may need a gasket for under the air filter if you break the old one and a new exhaust gasket

I don't know how cold it gets there but mine starts easily after 2 slow pulls

Just prime the bulb - 2 slow pulls then hit it

kydo32

Phill said:
You may need a gasket for under the air filter if you break the old one and a new exhaust gasket I don't know how cold it gets there but mine starts easily after 2 slow pulls

Just prime the bulb - 2 slow pulls then hit it
so there is no gasket where clutch goes ?and I can use the clutch comes with it right? and I have to use my fan cover and head cover on it ? ok thanks I appreciate it im near buffalo N.Y. had 2 blizzards this past winter if that gives you any idea how cold lol

Phill

kydo32 said:
so there is no gasket where clutch goes and I can use the clutch comes with it right ok thanks I appreciate it im near buffalo n.y. if that gives you any idea how cold lol
No gasket for clutch - just bolt it straight up to your gear plate

I'm in Yeppoon Queensland Aus

The coldest we get here is about 5 degrees C in the mornings then it warms up to about 25C (80F) by lunchtime in winter

Do you have snow?

That would be terrible living with all that ice and cold water Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

kydo32

Phill said:
No gasket for clutch - just bolt it straight up to your gear plateI'm in Yeppoon Queensland Aus

The coldest we get here is about 5 degrees C in the mornings then it warms up to about 25C (80F) by lunchtime in winter

Do you have snow?

That would be terrible living with all that ice and cold water Brrrrrrrrrrrr!
yea we get snow lots of it one year had over 96 inches of snow it starts around december goes till mid april gets down to -20 this last winter it went to -40f that is below lol that's why was worried having a choke or not

Phill

kydo32 said:
yea we get snow lots of it one year had over 96 inches of snow it starts around december goes till mid april gets down to -20 this last winter it went to -40f that is below lol that's why was worried having a choke or not
Thats cold alright!

By comparison it's winter here and the water in my pool is 76 degrees F

I've seen some guys on the forum say they put a plastic bag over the air filter as a choke if it's really cold

kydo32

ok still debating anyone know if the Zenoah g290 will have torq and power to spin monster tires? need an engine but want similar to power stock had .it would spin tires on blacktop phil you have been great help but your dr is lighter and smaller tires hoping someone else knows how will do for mt and big tires also what does mean when says like a hemi?

Phill

kydo32 said:
ok still debating anyone know if the Zenoah g290 will have torq and power to spin monster tires? need an engine but want similar to power stock had .it would spin tires on blacktop phil you have been great help but your dr is lighter and smaller tires hoping someone else knows how will do for mt and big tires also what does mean when says like a hemi?
The Zen is more powerful than stock so I don't see a problem.

Hemi means it has a hemispherical (domed) head space.

BertR

Phill said:
The Zen is more powerful than stock so I don't see a problem.Hemi means it has a hemispherical (domed) head space.
I agree with Phill! It makes no sense to put as close to stock power in something that is under powered to start with..the zen will be a good plant for your truck.

kydo32

Phill said:
The Zen is more powerful than stock so I don't see a problem.Hemi means it has a hemispherical (domed) head space.
my stock motor was the 30 cc is that one your thinking of

Phill

kydo32 said:
my stock motor was the 30 cc is that one your thinking of
I was talking about the Zen G290 RC with a 990 on it

It has heaps more power than the stock 30cc

The CY and HY engines are poor copies of the Zenoah

BertR

Here is an example... My stock 30cc would only hit 24-27 mph with trenchers and flipped A&B gears then I put in a gp290 and blew the doors off the stock or the crmk 30 will leave the stock in the dust ..not all motors perform the same or are the same. I feel the stocker is over rated in terms of power from my experience and if you put one on a dyno I bet it hits about 2.9-3.1 HP

Phill

BertR said:
Here is an example... My stock 30cc would only hit 24-27 mph with trenchers and flipped A&B gears then I put in a gp290 and blew the doors off the stock or the crmk 30 will leave the stock in the dust ..not all motors perform the same or are the same. I feel the stocker is over rated in terms of power from my experience and if you put one on a dyno I bet it hits about 2.9-3.1 HP
Plus you can't beat the reliability of a 4 bolt over a 2 bolt

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts