• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Clutch carrier upgrade

G

ChuenouXiao said:
RCdad? Deluge?
rcgasser is correct. That is a zen housing in your photo. You need a CY or HY housing. I snapped another pic for you. You can see that the Zen carrier is deeper than the CY.

phreerider

definitely different, you might want to check clutch bell after the misfit beating runs. if its out of round it will "chime" with jerky launches.

nice solutions guys!

G

When ever you throw a Zenoah in you need to swap the flywheel cover and the clutch housing for it to bolt in properly.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
rcgasser is correct. That is a zen housing in your photo. You need a CY or HY housing. I snapped another pic for you. You can see that the Zen carrier is deeper than the CY.
Does this mean I can't use the four original bolts for the clutch housing from OBR onto the HY or CY housing? Do I need the HY and CY bolts specifically or are they the same length and size?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Yep...

I've never had a problem with the hardware.

G

I can't believe we all missed this in the past. This should get you back up to speed.

rcgasser

You didn't rcdad way back in the post I went to the start when I chimed in you asked him if he had the cy housing on and he said that he did but when I kept reading what was still happening I was like there could be no way then once he showed the pic I knew we was on the right road.

ChuenouXiao

Just curious, do you guys torque the two bolts for the clutch pad into spec? Or do you just bolt it in until its tight? Just wondering how you guys do yours?

ChuenouXiao

BTW guys when I losen the three big bolts that holds the blue pulley plate to the engine housing.... it doesn't ring.... I guess the housing truly is the problem? Anyone wants to give an input?

ChuenouXiao

I believe I should torque them to 60inch lb right? And how do I know if I need new washers or if I ever will need new washer? And why is my clutch pad not closing completely (or fall into place properly) even with a known good spring? Maybe testing it without a clutch bell is not an effective test. The reason is because the clutch pad is not limited by the clutch bell regarding expansion?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

That is one area that I don't. Only because I have had the bolts get too tight and squeeze the clutch shoes. I snug them up with loctite now. Just my preference.

phreerider

the shoe maybe warped and tweak at the hole. with running a misfit everything part is subject to breaking or bending. DO NOT RUN TEST without bell on.

torque and then pry test, if it sticks relax it. if its alot more than a tiny fraction turn bolt /washers are mismatched ....thick washer against the plate and shoe, thin wavy washer under bolt head.

G

Agreed.

Just to save yourself some headaches, I'd start with a new clutch and bell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.