• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Clutch carrier upgrade

phreerider

too tight and it won't work,

the wavy washers, if they are super thin and not very wide, can fold and crimp under bolt head and bind things up.

use a pry test, shoes should close together when released after prying apart

seems like you discovered it already

ChuenouXiao

phreerider said:
too tight and it won't work, the wavy washers, if they are super thin and not very wide, can fold and crimp under bolt head and bind things up.

use a pry test, shoes should close together when released after prying apart

seems like you discovered it already
Thank you so much for your response. I've just completely put the pulley back on. Due to testing, I haven't lock tite all the screws for my tranny due yet. One of the major problem with my XB that I've been having for a very long time is that my clutch plate keeps on snapping. That's why I'm trying to narrow it down to what is the cause.... I sense I'm getting closer to solving it. Something is misalign.... as of right now the clutch pad seems to bind a little with the clutch bell (making a ringing sound).... Ever since I've had that ringing sound... I've been experiencing snapping clutch plate. I'm kinda lost now regarding troubleshooting.... :( Any input or ideas on helping me guys?

Last edited by a moderator:

rcgasser

ChuenouXiao said:
Thank you so much for your response. I've just completely put the pulley back on. Due to testing, I haven't lock tite all the screws for my tranny due yet. One of the major problem with my XB that I've been having for a very long time is that my clutch plate keeps on snapping. That's why I'm trying to narrow it down to what is the cause.... I sense I'm getting closer to solving it. Something is misalign.... as of right now the clutch pad seems to bind a little with the clutch bell (making a ringing sound).... Ever since I've had that ringing sound... I've been experiencing snapping clutch plate. I'm kinda lost now regarding troubleshooting.... :( Any input or ideas on helping me guys?
Did you change engines? If so you will need to take the clutch housing off of the old engine and put it on the new one.

ChuenouXiao

rcgasser said:
Did you change engines? If so you will need to take the clutch housing off of the old engine and put it on the new one.
I think I use the stock housing from the old engine from Redcat. I don't recall for sure though. Does OBR ship with clutch housing? Anyone know...? So your saying that the housing may be a little off?

rcgasser

OBR ship woth or without it depnds on what you ordered and yes the housing is a little different I had a engine that I pulled off of a 5T and it did the same thing the ringing in the clutch bell but when I changed the clutch housing from the stock redcat motor it worked just fine and have never had any problems with it.

ChuenouXiao

I got a OBR 5.5hp pro stock, you think they shipped with it?

rcgasser

I am almost sure that it did I have gotten 2 29.5 prostock from them and yes they did come with there own housing you can see the difference if you look at the redcat stock housing and the housing from the obr you will see that there is more room on the inside of the housing in the stock redcat housing then the other

ChuenouXiao

rcgasser said:
You will also notice that a lip sits higher up to the top in the obr housing then it does in the stock redcat.
Thank god I took a pic of the OBR when I received it. The thing is that I'm not completely sure if I used the stock redcat engine's clutch housing. Also I throw the old engine away so I can't match them now :( Any input guys? IMG_20120114_102104.jpg

IMG_20120114_102408(1).jpg

IMG_20120114_102104.jpg

IMG_20120114_102408(1).jpg

/monthly_2014_02/IMG_20120114_102104.jpg.b1bd501b97445d3c885a30225c07fb54.jpg

/monthly_2014_02/IMG_20120114_102408(1).jpg.60e6130e2b4c1ccb40eb46fbc1a098e3.jpg

rcgasser

Yes I am positive or else you would not here your clutch bell ringing the clutch bell is dragging on the lip of the housing. Yes there is a difference it may just be to hard to tell from the pic but the stock housing is wider on the inside which allows more room for the clutch bell. When you notify OBR that you will be installing the engine in a redcat they will install the different housing. Yes DDM sells them but I am not sure all about the CY and the HY thing rcdad or deluge who are masters on the naming part will have to chime in but for the lamient terms that I understand I do know that there is a difference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts