• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Clutch carrier upgrade

ChuenouXiao

OMG guys... when I mix fresh fuel and ran my XB.... there was so much torque that my clutch carrier broke again!!! DAM IT! This is the second time already. I'm going to buy this..... it should fit my OBR with no mod? Direct bolt on and run right? This should prevent this from happening again :D Dam clutch carrier!!! My engine is a OBR Pro Stock

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.8091/.f

Last edited by a moderator:
G

This impressive man. I've never broke one. The Lauterbacher mount looks nice. It looks much stronger. The stockers are just cast aluminum. The Lauterbacher looks like a billet piece.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
This impressive man. I've never broke one. The Lauterbacher mount looks nice. It looks much stronger. The stockers are just cast aluminum. The Lauterbacher looks like a billet piece.
I wonder if its my 8k clutch spring? It shouldn't because it looks like it holds the clutch pad together pretty straight and even. Well see how things go after the lauterbacher is installed :D

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Yep, the stockers look like a piece of bread LOL :D You know when you look at the inner piece of the broken carrier. I just wonder why mine keeps on snapping?

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Is it cracking from one of the holes?
When looking from behind the carrier... yes but looking in front of the carrier where the pad is sitting on, no. Cause the hole is elevated and re-enforce. Do you know what I mean?

G

ChuenouXiao said:
BTW how are you Rcdad? Did you have the chance to run your rally body? Got a video?
Crazy busy. Work and the family have not allowed much me time. LOL

G

ChuenouXiao said:
When looking from behind the carrier... yes but looking in front of the carrier where the pad is sitting on, no. Cause the hole is elevated and re-enforce. Do you know what I mean?
Understood. I assume the areas around all the holes would be the weakest.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Understood. I assume the areas around all the holes would be the weakest.
I can't wait until the day when my XB is professionally ready :D Meaning is durable enough to be competitive :D That will take some time :D

ChuenouXiao

BTW Rcdad... been thinking seriously about going into RC airplanes :D I will still stay in car RC :D Once I have money saved up I will buy a trainer plane and continue from there :D So excited!

G

ChuenouXiao said:
Dam Rcdad... fresh fuel really wakes up the cat huh? Is this my bias excitment or is it really like that? What do you think?
Fuel can loose its potency over time.

However, if you go a few weeks with out running, it just might just seem more powerful since it been awhile. For me after a few weeks the sound of the gassers gets my blood pump'n! :D

G

ChuenouXiao said:
BTW Rcdad... been thinking seriously about going into RC airplanes :D I will still stay in car RC :D Once I have money saved up I will buy a trainer plane and continue from there :D So excited!
I share the same desire. Once I can devote some time to the cause, I also want to learn to fly.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Fuel can loose its potency over time. However, if you go a few weeks with out running, it just might just seem more powerful since it been awhile. For me after a few weeks the sound of the gassers gets my blood pump'n! :D
Yea... mine looks like a F1 Formula car :D You know with the exagerrated sawed off short course bumper LOL! ZEEAAAAOOAAAAHHHHHMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Simply amazing.....

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
I share the same desire. Once I can devote some time to the cause, I also want to learn to fly.
This is the one I'm planning to get. The most bang for my buck... RTF trainer with acrobatic capability. Low manintenance, sleek and professional looking. Two ways to mount the properller and when mounted in the nose, the prop bends inward to help protect itself when engien is turned off for landing. Cool plane!!!! I like it when he does the snap roll :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XE3G_PS_R0[/ame]

Anyways... My real interest are jets and war birds but for now... this will be good enough until I become a pro :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.