• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Clutch carrier upgrade

G

Let's see it!

phreerider

Just ran into this on OBR 30.5 with the billet case and mounting it in XB. did you change this in your set up?the OBR 30.5 billet will not go on XB without alteration to gas tank mount. the cover on the engine is fine, everything matches up. the case hits the bracket. is the old news? heres an image of the contact, spacers are in place with the chassis screw and the gear plate bolts are in and kinda snugged up but binding....more images will be over in hops ups and projects. i think this will help, did not see this in the discussion.

obr 30.5 billet case contact XB.jpg

obr 30.5 billet case contact XB.jpg

/monthly_2014_02/583c606e38296_obr30.5billetcasecontactXB.jpg.ba74282356eeb15cab5f18673598d26f.jpg

phreerider

its ZENOAH, why it works fine, i could find no different except the case contact, which is BEHIND the cover, both cover pedestal are the same height and position. it was my initial thought but all fits fine

phreerider

have to go back and add the kill, dah! so i'll get a side/side image.....

dude can't add images , but i removed it AND its a CY cover(stamped inside cover) that came on the ZEN from OBR.

guess thats why i did not have to change...still case hits mount

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

phreerider said:
have to go back and add the kill, dah! so i'll get a side/side image.....dude can't add images , but i removed it AND its a CY cover(stamped inside cover) that came on the ZEN from OBR.

guess thats why i did not have to change...still case hits mount
Like Rcgasser said, Zen pull start cover and Zen clutch housing needs to be swapped from a stock Redcat CY engine for perfect fit.

ChuenouXiao

rcgasser said:
If you are using a zen you will need to change to a cy pull start housing.
BTW, Rcgasser.... I've received the part you sent me! I appreciate your time and effort. Thank you so much for helping a fellow out. You are simply the best sir! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phreerider

hey guys i realize if its a zen motor the clutch housing and the cover have to be changed.

the billet case hits the gas tank mount and the zenoah motor from OBR COMES WITH THE CY COVER.

and the CY COVER that came on the ZENOAH from obr

heres the contact area with gas tank mount on the XB

motor mounted with mod

Last edited by a moderator:

rcgasser

ChuenouXiao said:
Like Rcgasser said, Zen pull start cover and Zen clutch housing needs to be swapped from a stock Redcat CY engine for perfect fit.
Your welcome no problem at all.

phreerider

rcgasser said:
Cool mod I see that its your bottom screw that was in the way.
the billet case is SO thick behind the where the screws ends, the bracket got chopped , and in it went right to place. mill rips ! just finished breakn

ChuenouXiao

Thanks to Rcgasser!Because of your generosity I was able to bring my XB to life! It didn't cost me a dime thanks to you bud! My XB doesn't ring or screech no more when pushed back and forth. I think this is the key problem solved! Will need to test tomorrow with day light outside to confirm! Thanks everyone! Including Rcdad and all my friends here!

CAM00377.jpg

CAM00381.jpg

CAM00383.jpg

CAM00377.jpg

CAM00381.jpg

CAM00383.jpg

/monthly_2014_02/CAM00377.jpg.3cd21564673d1753b9cf8bd9f9385f15.jpg

/monthly_2014_02/CAM00381.jpg.2e2b504861bbb091003389a71dfc42ad.jpg

/monthly_2014_02/CAM00383.jpg.f6b1b25c2ca9388719f2fb94c44c04c4.jpg

G

Good to hear.

Good luck with the test run.

ChuenouXiao

Oh boy! Gotta love my Red Serpent XB!!! Dam..... all the smoke! Swirl in a long wavy line while my XB launches at high velocity! The Elcon works good! It was indeed the clutch housing guys!!!!!

rcgasser

ChuenouXiao said:
Because of your generosity I was able to bring my XB to life! It didn't cost me a dime thanks to you bud! My XB doesn't ring or screech no more when pushed back and forth. I think this is the key problem solved! Will need to test tomorrow with day light outside to confirm! Thanks everyone! Including Rcdad and all my friends here!
Glad you are up and running!!!!!

Ildy666

ChuenouXiao said:
Oh boy! Gotta love my Red Serpent XB!!! Dam..... all the smoke! Swirl in a long wavy line while my XB launches at high velocity! The Elcon works good! It was indeed the clutch housing guys!!!!!
Good to see u back and running....i guess ur not gonna sell it now?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.