• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

12s esc from kershaw

DUFFY

I think he's making enough money at $250. Maybe $300 ish tops. If they break they are done, no one to turn to, no one can repair it or replace unless kershaw does that on his own. These are not plug and play escs, they used to really like to catch fire even if the timing is not set correctly,,,, Since most people don't have the slightest idea between a d wind and a wye wind they leave it at zero. Thats either bad for a-d wind- or really bad for a wye wind.

If you don't know what wind you have go with 5 degrees. It should at least work. From there test and go up and down from there one degree and if there is no difference then leave it.

Kaz the Minotaur

I was cleaning up the XB-E while installing the Kershaw ESC and realized that I spun the other rear wheel hex. 12S power appears to be a little much for them. :D

Any issues with Baja wheels holding up to big power?

ninjagaiden

Ooh. Seeing this new 12S ESC, by humble Mamba XL2 has gone green with envy. I swear the heatsink was not that colour before!

ninjagaiden

+1 on the get well soon buddy

+1 on the pics. Hard to get a sense of scale of the thing until it's mounted up.

Kaz the Minotaur

I ran 2 screws through the rear brace and into the heat sink.

rookie101

Kaz the Minotaur said:
I ran 2 screws through the rear brace and into the heat sink.
Dam that's huge!! I really hope it works well, I'm dying to get a new esc that will handle eight or more cells.

Hurry up and get well and go run it. What are you running for the rest of the system? Motor, gearing, wheels and tires, batteries?

Kaz the Minotaur

"It's so big"

Leopard 5698 720KV on 12S 40C 5000mah Zippy batteries. Stock tires for now. I have it geared 12/41 now but the Dan @ Kershaw wants me to try

14T and 15T pinions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts