• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

12s esc from kershaw

Johan

This looks like the same ESC (the v1) to me. Only a different sticker attached to it: http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119965

I'm guessing that like most Chinese brands you can ask them to brand it with your own company name. Just look at the Turnigy 9x (heli/plane) controller. That is infact a Flysky controller and can be found under a variety of names; iMax, Eurgle, FlySky and CopterX. Same controller, different stickers.

The same goes for Orion and Speedpassion ESC's, those are rebranded Hobbywing ESC's with their own software.

Kaz the Minotaur

I am saddened to report that the ESC lasted 45 seconds before making a pop, gurgle, and let the smoke out. It appeared to be coming from the caps end of the ESC. I was bringing it back across my yard at half throttle, gave it some brake, and pop.

Dan replied, while he was at the Baja Nationals, and said I was fully covered. It will be going back tomorrow.

{disclaimer} This was a beta test ESC. Dan was very clear about this. No issues. It's all good. {end disclaimer}

Last edited by a moderator:

Rampage

bank caps wont do any change , it has a lot of caps inside it already at least 5

i advice you , to ask for your money back and that's it :)

good luck

rookie101

Darn, I was hoping it would work out. Looks like the MGM is still the only choice. If you call $750 a choice I guess.

How many cells were you running?

killajb

I'd hold off on experimentation on this ESC, as one could imagine that the Chinese manufacturer would have resolved any bugs (if at all possible) by now with the current version.

There's no logical reason to believe that Kershaw is rubbing any magic dust on it to improve things or else he'd be making his own esc's.

I've been the "beta test guy" many moons ago with 6S stuff and wasted a ton of $$ on a controller that when finally able to handle the load, was jerky in operation at best. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

With the recent boom in 1/5 motors, I'm sure enough capital will be put forth to develop a reliable esc just as 1/10 scale sensored and sensorless have come about. Just give it some time and save your money.

Rampage

rookie101 said:
Darn, I was hoping it would work out. Looks like the MGM is still the only choice. If you call $750 a choice I guess. How many cells were you running?
Mgm the big one which comes with 2 fans , try to avoid it very hard on motors

BoukeG

Perhaps - but mine is still working. Until now it is behaving like it should, some little tweaks to be made. However, I take my testing step by step. I started running the motor without load. Now I've done tests powering the wheels. So yes, I didn't run it on the streets, but I soon will be. But running in free air is impressive enough already - the noise and ballooning tires with just little blips on the throttle, I'm almost scared!!!

twissted

Banned
looks just like mine. I have the 250 amp 8s of this esc. At the other end you can see the anti-spark set up as well.

I also have a Pair of 280 amp 16s marine esc's that I'm using in a boat build that is a 60 inch Catamaran.

Zondaboat011_zps8a69b943.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts