• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

12s esc from kershaw

Kaz the Minotaur

Received the Kershaw ESC yesterday.

Similarities to the FighterCat ESC: anti-spark lead, 4 wire firm ware lead, appear to be the same kind of caps, screen shot of programming software looks identical except for the logo.

Differences: heat sinks are black, not as tall, and the top one isn't as long.

It has (5) 80V 330 uF caps on the end. there appears to be (2) more caps hidden under the shrink and resting on the bottom heat sink which is longer.

Red dot is the end of the top heat sink and the orange dot is the end of the bottom. The green dots are the other 2 caps.

DUFFY

I talked to the company that makeS these escs in china. They sore up and down they were fine but when I asked about a warranty if I ordered ten they balked. They did come up with a software update that fixs the stalling problem they said. It would be nice to have a nice esc for a fair price.

krashkrieg

Contributor
DUFFY said:
I talked to the company that makeS these escs in china. They sore up and down they were fine but when I asked about a warranty if I ordered ten they balked. They did come up with a software update that fixs the stalling problem they said. It would be nice to have a nice esc for a fair price.
It seems that 250 is the 'tester' price and there will be an increase when it goes retail.,,, :(

G

bigfol said:
I got it from a local electrical supply shop its called "Jaycar electronics" here in Australia, not sure where you would find it in the US, But I bet someone on here could point you in the right direction. :cool: http://www.jaycar.com.au/
Radio Shack sold them in the past. There are other electronic supply stores that would have them.

bigfol

Kaz the Minotaur said:
Received the Kershaw ESC yesterday. Similarities to the FighterCat ESC: anti-spark lead, 4 wire firm ware lead, appear to be the same kind of caps, screen shot of programming software looks identical except for the logo.

Differences: heat sinks are black, not as tall, and the top one isn't as long.

It has (5) 80V 330 uF caps on the end. there appears to be (2) more caps hidden under the shrink and resting on the bottom heat sink which is longer.

Red dot is the end of the top heat sink and the orange dot is the end of the bottom. The green dots are the other 2 caps.

Cool, now fire it up(pardon the pun) and tells us how she goes.... ;)

bigfol

krashkrieg said:
It seems that 250 is the 'tester' price and there will be an increase when it goes retail.,,, :(
Yeah maybe, but being from china I think its pretty safe bet it will stay around that mark, if it works well, wait until it hits ebay, it will be even cheaper...... ;)

G

bigfol said:
Thanks DAD, I new it was something like that, just could remember the name, must be getting old....LOL
I know the feeling. ;)

sxygtr

excuse me from being a dumbo but I couldn't find this esc on the kershaw designs website does anyone have a direct link thanks

Kaz the Minotaur

bigfol said:
Cool, now fire it up(pardon the pun) and tells us how she goes.... ;)
I'm going to work on it today and tomorrow and probably run it Friday evening...assuming that I don't have to stop every other minute to blow my nose...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts