• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

12s esc from kershaw

bigfol

This is the latest offering from kershaw its a 12s esc. Its looks like a fightercat esc to me or atleast made from the same compay, he is asking $250 odd or it and to report back with findings, if its what I think it is, I might let someone else take the opportunity to test it first, I've had my fair share of esc's/truck's go up in flames.........

Last edited by a moderator:

BoukeG

Looks quite impressive though. So he is only giving an esc, no motor?

12s would be great powering an other tppower motor I've got lying around. I was looking at a MGM esc, but that's a little pricy. I wonder which kind of C rating lipos to get... Think that's another $300...

bigfol

BoukeG said:
Looks quite impressive though. So he is only giving an esc, no motor?12s would be great powering an other tppower motor I've got lying around. I was looking at a MGM esc, but that's a little pricy. I wonder which kind of C rating lipos to get... Think that's another $300...
He will supply you with everything if you want it, at your cost, motor, esc and batts etc all up around $600-$700US. If your looking at lipos get the best batts with the highest c rating you can find would be my advise......... ;)

G

bigfol said:
This is the latest offering from kershaw its a 12s esc. Its looks like a fightercat esc to me or atleast made from the same compay, he is asking $250 odd or it and to report back with findings, if its what I think it is, I might let someone else take the opportunity to test it first, I've had my fair share of esc's/truck's go up in flames.........
I actually hope it turns out to be good. I need something to run this on 10s or 11s.

-

8F9B23B4-6C5C-4ECC-88D4-82D7A704921A-6941-00000CA72A95384D.jpg

killajb

I'd throw in some extra caps on that ESC to be on the safe side. Yes, I know it comes with 'em already.. but an extra cap bank can't hurt.

bigfol

Kaz the Minotaur said:
LOL I haven't been called that before, guess there is allways a first time......:eek:Honestly though my past dealing with Kershaws have been a bit disappointing, but everyone deserves a 27th chance......LOL

I do hope this esc works out, it would be great to be able to run 12s and not have to take out a loan in order to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigfol

killajb said:
I'd throw in some extra caps on that ESC to be on the safe side. Yes, I know it comes with 'em already.. but an extra cap bank can't hurt.
That's for sure,I reckon to much ripple current causes esc's to go up in smoke, I honestly hope this esc works out, I'll get one in a heart beat if it's all good.....

G

bigfol said:
Looking good, looks like it only has 4 mounting holes, does it marry up with 7075 mounting plate?
Yes you just need the 4 hole motor cam. Only 2 of the holes line up on the 6 hole. ;)

bigfol

BoukeG said:
What kind of cap bank is capable on holding 12s?
You would use the same caps as the esc is already using and just add maybe 4 or 5 more caps, they are probably around 65 or 75 volt mark. You can buy them, but its pretty easy to make your own. This one I made for my castle

XL2 esc. mine is on the left, castles to the right.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts