• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xbe competition/brushless/high end cars to watch for.

killajb

Um.. Duffy..

Comments like mine are purely my own opinion but one based on quite a wealth of experience on the subject. I stand by them in that the efforts (as shown via photo) were rather disappointing IF INDEED THAT IS what AE intends to offer.

It should be a 2speed stock that should hit 60plus even on the mamba.
I'm going to assume you mean that a 2-speed transmission should be offered with an electric motor here.. Because of the immense torque available from a stall by electric motors, a multiple speed transmission is neither necessary or very reliable. The biggest issue with this much power (and weight of vehicle) is putting that power to the ground. Diffs heat up under the stresses involved. Having a centrifugal 2-speed (most commonly used) would cause violent shifts between gears.

Besides, the whole idea is to gear properly for reliable operation which can be achieved with a single speed configuration. The quest now is for more volts (per esc capability) and less current draw to provide the same power output.

Back on target, I would hope that AE looked to improve on the XBE with a stronger drivetrain, aluminum hubs/knuckles on all four corners and big-bore shocks.

Lastly, I still favor my Muggy and LST XXL over my old MGT hands down. Sorry to be the contrarian and again.. just my $0.02

Deluge

Hope it's not an improved XBE, as great as that sounds. Tired of the same rehashed designs. I hope they go completely left field with this one. Something original, for once.

DUFFY

I don't mean it should be 2 speed , but it might be. If you like your losi more thats fine too since they are both pretty sick. I don't care if it has a 2speed, some gassers have 2speeds that hold up Pretty well. I hope it does not come with that 2speed to be honest. I guess I meant Your comment may of been too brutally honest is all lol. I was pointing out that some butt checks at AE would pucker if they read your comment lol. I agree with you I hope it's not a lazy port like hpi. I do want to give AE the benefit of the dought that even if it was based off the mgt they would change what's needed like losi did with thier 8th to 1/5th port. If the losi port can turn out so good then a AE one can too even if it's the mgt not the sc8. Those pics were just a mock up I'm hoping!

Deluge

I doubt the car that's pictured has anything to do with what AE is doing. Probably just a random build that uses AE parts. You can see HPI and Hot Bodies all over that car.

killajb

Here's to hoping AE does come out with a competitive offering. I actually hope they WOULD read things like my comments earlier to get realistic feedback from their potential customers. I would think a company with consumer demand in mind would actually care to listen to what the populace wants.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was a gas buggy, seeing as electric 1/5 scale is still a bit fickle to run reliably.

DUFFY

Hmmm ,,,no pics, says sc too,

Deluge

Oh, yeah. There will be bashing galore. Which I never understood. The more 5th scales they put out, the better. It's only making the hobby stronger.

GTS 666

bigfol said:
LOL, I have to agree especially when they have no idea what they are talking about or have actually drive'n the vehicle they are bashing....... :p
I like reading a pissing contest sometimes keeps the humour.

killajb

I saw the Kyosho Scorpion earlier on another website and somehow thought it was another dinky entry-level 1/10 offering and quickly clicked away. Didn't realize that it was such a large vehicle. Kind of reminds me of an old Sears Lobo by the way it looks, but should be pretty fun to play around with. Looks to be much lighter than a Baja which should bode well for less power requirements to achieve decent acceleration/top speed (unlike the traction-challenged Baja conversions). May have to get one of these..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts