• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xbe competition/brushless/high end cars to watch for.

DUFFY

Yeh I'll go at least 8s, 6s2p might not work very well lol.

Yeh 25063, they reduced the prices some so it a slightly less of a sting now. I got the 100% water proof so i don't blow the whole esc because I ran over a dead bug. I found some tasty pics of upcoming brushless Fgs and mcds on a 5th scale site.

DUFFY

Fg will be out around Christmas it's 700 some thing kv, with a 150 amp esc. Not sure that esc is up to snuff for 1/5th scale. At least you could just buy a new esc and be rocking, I don't see a brake on the fg, and its a belter , no center diff but gas belt Fgs seem to be fast enough on tracks if they don't break. The mcd should have a center diff and a brake the buzz is. Pretty fancy and should be fast as hell, 2speed mcds on gas seem like a match for brushless to me. Hand me either and I would race it the other. Whomever is better would win the race in that case. Yet mcds are not so robust. I don't like to ride the wall and floor it but I'm not going to lie some people do and will beat you that way. That's some thing for a redcat or a losi, mcd owners say its a no no. I have been rammed out of races when lapping people. Your joy turns to ash in your mouth and you know the debt has been paid.

strodedawg

my local outdoor 1/5th scale track is closing in a few weeks to start the indoor season and i have been working with some guys on their electric 5th conversions - five-t/bajas mostly and i am not impressed with the other brands as i am with the redcat so far. most baja drivers can't handle the power and 2wd, really like 2wd 1/10th buggy, a little more finesse is needed. the five-ts are just massive and handle really well, but all i've noticed is that if they can't pass you they "big" you out of the way. the two fg/mcds or whatever look great at times, but not consistent enough. the drivers say they can't get the them to be "stable" .... not sure what they meant.

so what i am really trying to say is that i hope they enjoy seeing the rear of my catfart xb-e next spring/summer > :)

G

strodedawg said:
so what i am really trying to say is that i hope they enjoy seeing the rear of my catfart xb-e next spring/summer > :)
Hell yeah! LOL

DUFFY

For sure, the more I see other 1/5 scale race im like meh. Mcds seem to be fast as hell but owners say they break a lot and parts will cost you more than maintaining your real car.... Fg owners seem to be very happy much like losi and redcat owners. The fg brushless should have a brake actually. Sorry i was wrong about that. The way they mounted the motor should allow them to have it the same as the gas. So both the mcd and the fg should have brakes. I really don't like using servos to brake but if we do get this run time increases maybe it's worth it. Nutechs are pretty nice say a lot of owners, they have a center diff and are pretty tough.

I still might get a fg leopard but keep it gas untill that engine breaks then go brushless since the conversion kit is the same thing as the new cars they will sell. Fg leopards are pretty ugly in the yellow sportsline trim though:( They sure are nice. Even though I just got a MGM esc I think I should add one more rc to my stable before my girlfriend stages a intervention.

Deluge

strodedawg said:
my local outdoor 1/5th scale track is closing in a few weeks to start the indoor season and i have been working with some guys on their electric 5th conversions - five-t/bajas mostly and i am not impressed with the other brands as i am with the redcat so far. most baja drivers can't handle the power and 2wd, really like 2wd 1/10th buggy, a little more finesse is needed. the five-ts are just massive and handle really well, but all i've noticed is that if they can't pass you they "big" you out of the way. the two fg/mcds or whatever look great at times, but not consistent enough. the drivers say they can't get the them to be "stable" .... not sure what they meant.so what i am really trying to say is that i hope they enjoy seeing the rear of my catfart xb-e next spring/summer > :)
That's for sure! Definitely takes more concentration. If you can drive a 2WD, you can drive pretty much anything.

Deluge

DUFFY said:
For sure, the more I see other 1/5 scale race im like meh. Mcds seem to be fast as hell but owners say they break a lot and parts will cost you more than maintaining your real car.... Fg owners seem to be very happy much like losi and redcat owners. The fg brushless should have a brake actually. Sorry i was wrong about that. The way they mounted the motor should allow them to have it the same as the gas. So both the mcd and the fg should have brakes. I really don't like using servos to brake but if we do get this run time increases maybe it's worth it. Nutechs are pretty nice say a lot of owners, they have a center diff and are pretty tough. I still might get a fg leopard but keep it gas untill that engine breaks then go brushless since the conversion kit is the same thing as the new cars they will sell. Fg leopards are pretty ugly in the yellow sportsline trim though:( They sure are nice. Even though I just got a MGM esc I think I should add one more rc to my stable before my girlfriend stages a intervention.
Ahahahaha! That's great.

DUFFY

Well I did the unthinkable and went against everything I believe in. I bought a losi. Owell. No plans to go brushless on this. I talked to the owners of a lot of shops and they all said the same thing. The mcd is a lot faster out of the box, but the body tears off first run on tracks for most.... The bumber on the mcd was less than nothing, totally completely unfunctional. I had to touch it to see for myself and it's completely utterly useless.

I have plans to go halfs and buy my buddy a redcat xsc rampage for his wedding present. He's really into brushless but since we should be able to buy both a gas and electric 7075 chasssis we can switch back and forth from gas to electric pretty easy buy just switching the "tabs'" that way he can have a gas and in the future build a Electric based off the 7075. He loved the idea of that and hes a pessimistic programmer and not impressed by tech shit to easy. I'll have more to post to after gtg.

G

Congrats on the 5ive...

Your plans for the XSC sound cool. Look forward to seeing that come together.

DUFFY

Thx I'm still kinda pissed it's a losi

Yeh that plan wont be won't be untill 7075rc has that chassis done and my buddy can buy/work that out on his own time, with his own money:) I will throw down on a gasser though and he can go from there. I will just keep my xbe a xbe:) My xbes still needs mega mah 4s batts and one needs a 2028 or some thing to go with the MGM.

Back to topic-

I talked to the owner of largescale rc about a electric class at the next power jam. I suggested it just be a open class for gassers or electrics of all kinds 2wd or Mt 4x4 what ever.. Since he is not sure he could field a electric class yet. He was not sure about it but since the flux sc came out he said it should help and will try to get a electric it's own class going its just a hard job as it is too keep all the current events under tabs, over so many tracks. So sounds like we should get one soon.

I'm thinking we will see a lot of flux sc trucks in the enevitable electric class. It's going to be interesting to see xbes and sc trucks perhaps a e Baja or two rolling. Run times are pretty good on them on 6s, although that motor runs kinda hot and the esc is pretty weak sauce. The drive train needs massaging from my experence to get right using 6s. They can jump and they are pretty fast on a track really.

I also was told by one of the workers that he DID hear some thing over the phone when I called before hand about a associated 1/5th but, he said if it is true it's going to be a while off he thinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

As fifth scale continues to grow, I'm sure we will see others come available.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts