• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xbe competition/brushless/high end cars to watch for.

DUFFY

I think we should list some of the cars Xbes will be racing if electric or open classes/races start popping up at big U.S. races. There are some other large scale brushless cars running around overseas that can imported.Please link any super high end 4x4gasers aswell.

The nutech thunderbolt 2 brushless looks interesting. It has a leopard 5692 1340kv and a motor mount that looks inspired by the 7075rc mount. It has a weird ass slipper clutch/diff, I'm not sure if I like it or not it's looks pretty fragil but might work. The chassis/drivetran looks like something with less quality beefyness and engineering than a xbe, but better than a shedder/mad gear slightly. It looks like the few owners around say 4s works just fine...hmm... I saw nutech has some happy owners that have bought recently so they seem to have improved over there old smartech forefathers a little. I know some of you guys have been burned by nutech though and the xbe is the better choice if anyone new looks at this wondering. I have to use reply for the links.

bigfol

The first two might be the latest in xbe versions from HSP or they are old versions that some one is trying to flog, they are basicly the same vehicles except for a few differences, I noticed they are for the Aussie market, looks like they could use a bit of bulking up in a few places, the bodies are looking sweet...........the nutech isn't doing much for me,although I do like the rear motor mount bracket.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

DUFFY said:
Interesting. Looks like they use the MT/TT/DR suspension and diff components. Which should increase durability.

G

DUFFY said:
I'm pretty sure this is just the XBE with the larger suspension pieces. The first ad showed it to be 750mm.

DUFFY

I don't think that dune runner is any more durable than a xbe. At least after new bearings and 7075rc parts. It's slower out of the box I saw a video of it. Just looks super nice. Unfortunately the motor mount is too close to the front, but I'm pretty sure a 7075rc mount would fit. It's a dune runner/xbe parts mix.

I agree the nutech is ugly and looks better with no body. Yeh it's weak they used the freaking thu dee bolt 2 and not the 3, it's a matter of shocks-tower- and a arms and cvds off the mt. Just a way to unload the old stuff. It's pretty cool though but should be based off the 3. I'm debating One of two to test. Or a high end car to convert since I will end up with extra escs and motors when I'm done with my xbe sc race build.

ninjagaiden

I've seen posts that MCD are going to release an electric version of the race runner. Not sure if they will use V3 or V4 chassis. That will certainly be one to watch. I've seen them racing and they run really well.

I thought about getting an old RRV3 roller and converting it myself, but have decided to get a Baja 5B roller instead.

ninjagaiden

Yes, but I would want 10 or 12s because it weighs a lot more than an XB-E. This means an MGM ESC or something simlarly exotic and expensive!

I would also want to keep the mechanical brakes to help take the strain off the motor, and also because you can adjust braking bias.

N

Deluge

This is true. Could have a clutch setup, as well. Like the DR conversion that another member is doing.

G

ninjagaiden said:
I've seen posts that MCD are going to release an electric version of the race runner. Not sure if they will use V3 or V4 chassis. That will certainly be one to watch. I've seen them racing and they run really well.
Either platform would make a nice electric. Who knows maybe they will eventually do both. They of course wil be a bit spendy.

G

ninjagaiden said:
I thought about getting an old RRV3 roller and converting it myself, but have decided to get a Baja 5B roller instead.
That would be a fun build.

G

ninjagaiden said:
Yes, but I would want 10 or 12s because it weighs a lot more than an XB-E. This means an MGM ESC or something simlarly exotic and expensive!I would also want to keep the mechanical brakes to help take the strain off the motor, and also because you can adjust braking bias.

N
Is would probably end up weighing about the same or more than the gas version. I would think it would drive nice. The heavier platforms hook up better.

DUFFY

The xbe can beat any conversion of a high end 1/5th is my Dilemma, or at least match it so close it would make the whole thing a waste of money. O well here's to wasting money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts