• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xbe competition/brushless/high end cars to watch for.

RampageHopUps

The Associated should be ready in 2 months. I've heard several people have seen it running already.

DUFFY

Well if the pics I saw are the team assoicated it's a buggy. It's also electric if this is the correct pics, although it looks to have enough room for a gas set up. I hope they change the colors as this things kinda ugly. It looks like a cross between a 5b and king motor sc truck. I think it's based off the monster gt 2 shocks arms looks kinda the same.

killajb

By the looks of those pics, this will be no better than HPI's "flux" effort at 1/5 scale. Very narrow and unathletic wheelbase along with a 1/8 scale powerplant really doesn't bode well for 1/5 duty on the competitive level these days. I've got a converted Muggy and a converted XXL running a 1717 and 1520 respectively and although they are beastly in their own respects, they don't come close to my XBE in terms of large track capability. Lets hope that AE will go back to the drawing board and get this one right.

DUFFY

Well yeh to be honest even if its lazy half ass 1/8th to 1/5th port - it WILL be legit in my book. The AE monster truck was and is a lot better than a hpi or traxxassssaaii-ashit mt. The AE mg is pretty damn big, like as big as a XB or xbe. Just a tiny bit shorter. It might be lazy but it's a hell a lot better off than a 5b e or flux sc. People talk about the old losi mt but to be honest the AE truck was the best hands down. The tranny and diffs are solid. It could jump and take track ruts very well. The cvds are thin in the pics but I think they would get upgraded for release. Those pics are from 2011 so I'm sure they have changed some things. Lol your comment is why people are so tight lipped now days lol. we have not seen anything yet those pics might be totally outdated by now. Any way it will be fast as hell and a beast. I would rather a kit like a lot of people said. That would be awesome. I agree I don't want a damn castle mamba monster on my 1/5 ,,the power is enough ,,,,but it wont last to long fr what Iv seen. A 4x4 gasser or that same buggy with a 2028 and we got a deal. Regardless the drive train is bad ass. It should be a 2speed stock that should hit 60plus even on the mamba. Yeh that's not bad man. The motor looked to have its own reduction gear box or cv tranny. Either is very cool, with enough gears/slipper,clutches, the mamba just might work like a charm, much like mulepics build with a junk esc, if you are smart you can work around a cheap esc with clutches,gears,ect,ect. We will see, those pics might be nothing like what we get, If it i,,,,s it's no joke.

DUFFY

I should add, I agree the xbe is awesome on tracks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts