• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xbe competition/brushless/high end cars to watch for.

G

DUFFY said:
The xbe can beat any conversion of a high end 1/5th is my Dilemma, or at least match it so close it would make the whole thing a waste of money. O well here's to wasting money.
There is something to be said about building one your self. Anyone can buy a new RC off the shelf. I think the conversions, when done right, are awesome. :)

ninjagaiden

RCDAD said:
There is something to be said about building one your self. Anyone can buy a new RC off the shelf. I think the conversions, when done right, are awesome. :)
Absolutely! I've had my XBe since May and the planning and tinkering has been a blast.

I am now over the moon with my setup. With loctite on my 12T pinion my TP 1100 / XL2 / 8S is perfect. Great hookup with the ground. Front end weight stops it flipping over on jumps and lets it dig in on turns. 50 celcius motor temps after 15 mins of mostly wide open throttle. Big jumps and nothing broken at the end. Doesn't get much better than this.

There's nothing you can get like this out of the box - a big, fast, dialled and good looking 4WD buggy. I've always had a thing for 4wd buggies since I first saw a Kyosho Optima back in the 80s, and my XB-E is now right up there with it.

N

DUFFY

Yeh the conversions are awsome. I was thinking about building a losi from all after market parts and the buggy conversion chassis. I have like 100 parts in a shopping bin at a retailer but I can't pull the trigger. I'm sure I'm missing something, and I hate losi because I'm a associated/yokomo fan from years ago. If assoicated built a 1/5th scale that would be something.... O well again lol, a losi buggy would be cool.

DUFFY

Well some one has a losi brushless buggy 5ive lol. The mcd looks nice too. I would rather buy my xbe chassis and maybe send olfart a losi diff to work with for a diff version of his chassis for those who would like to try it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaz the Minotaur

Yokomo is a blast from the past... :)

Did you have a YZ-10?

DUFFY said:
Yeh the conversions are awsome. I was thinking about building a losi from all after market parts and the buggy conversion chassis. I have like 100 parts in a shopping bin at a retailer but I can't pull the trigger. I'm sure I'm missing something, and I hate losi because I'm a associated/yokomo fan from years ago. If assoicated built a 1/5th scale that would be something.... O well again lol, a losi buggy would be cool.

DUFFY

I have a 4x4 tourning car worlds graphite edition. My off road stuff was associated rc10 rc10t2. Just things I could race easily in a class.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

BoukeG said:
Come on, hit that buy button :D
LOL. I have the opposite problem. The slip and click syndrome. Oops I slipped and clicked on it. Oops another order.

BoukeG

Lol. Today my wife found a check from one of the orders... 200 euros, for 'just' parts. I felt kinda caught - on the other hand - she doesn't mind. But she like the look on my face :), 'caught ya, hehehe'.

Anyway, I'm looking into an other order right now :p .

G

We need a support group. "Hi my name is Brian I'm a clickaholic"

DUFFY

Well instead of a mcd or losi I got a big MGM compro esc. I was racing my car around a little horse show ring at the fair grounds. I was pretty much able to fly around 40 ish with no brakes. The losi is heavy and some issues with killing servos it seems a little slower than the mcd. The mcd is sweet but is not very stable in ruts and is more suited for nice well groomed tracks. So say the people on the mcd forums. So I'm just going to invest in my xbe race build for now. Not that I'm sure what race will allow me to compete yet. I want to run 8s but I might run 12s or 6s2p since the MGM should be able to handle more amps with no heat build up. ts sucks to pay so much for a damn esc but its about the same as some high end gas engines Iv seen for sale online.

ninjagaiden

Oooh! Nice. Did you go for a 25063. That's serious coin!

Not sure how well the 6S2P thing will work. Probably still too much i^2r losses to be worrying about.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts