• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Which will fit my engine?

G

Thanks.

I'll show them around for ya.

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
Does that kit give a better top end? I am looking to make my Dunerunner kick ass :D What kind of HP do the stock engines have vs what this can give? I keep seeing engines that give 4.5 or more HP, but I don't know what we are starting with for comparrison.
It'll rip, dude. I love mine. And nobody knows what the actual HP output of the stock engine is.

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
Also, what is the actual name of our 30.5 cc CY engine? It would make looking for upgrades easier if I knew which ones fit and don't...
It's an HY. Which is basically a CY clone. So, most of the parts are interchangeable.

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
I thought about getting a silencer for the pipe, but don't know much about them... do they work well? Do they hinder performance?
Anytime you add anything to the stinger of the pipe, it'll hinder performance a little. Doubt it'll be noticeable, though.

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
and what the hell would I do to mount a silencer to the dominator side pipe? Even with RC DAD's long silicone heat tubing, it would make this thing look like some alien craft... ha ah haI almost bought one of the rear dominators from dave's blemish sale for the dunerunner, but I like how small the XCan is :D I am thinking though about something to get the exhaust tips out past the rear wing because I am tired of the oil all over the wing and rear braces...
Use plenty of Loctite.

Long Stinger Set for X-Can

bigboysrctoys

Deluge said:
Those kits don't have the clearance for a +2mm crank. You'll need to stack cylinder gaskets if you want to run those. Which isn't recommended.If you want to stick with a stock engine, this will work...

ESP Modified GP290 36mm kit

Or for a few bucks more, you could get a Champ port. This is a beastly kit. I love mine.

ESP Mod/ESP CHAMPIONSHIP PORTED GP290 36mm kit

If you go with the Champ port, don't order it with the crank. The stock engine comes with a +2mm crank, so you don't need it.

Also, I'd recommend this cylinder gasket with either of those ESP kits...

Zenoah RC Cylinder Gasket
This kit comes with a gasket? Is the 1 yoy recommend better or thinner? Im considering this kit myself.

Deluge

It comes with a gasket, but it's pretty cheesy. The Zen gasket I linked is the same thickness as the stock gasket, but it's a lot better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts