• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Which will fit my engine?

OVER THE LIMIT

Deluge

Those kits don't have the clearance for a +2mm crank. You'll need to stack cylinder gaskets if you want to run those. Which isn't recommended.

If you want to stick with a stock engine, this will work...

ESP Modified GP290 36mm kit

Or for a few bucks more, you could get a Champ port. This is a beastly kit. I love mine.

ESP Mod/ESP CHAMPIONSHIP PORTED GP290 36mm kit

If you go with the Champ port, don't order it with the crank. The stock engine comes with a +2mm crank, so you don't need it.

Also, I'd recommend this cylinder gasket with either of those ESP kits...

Zenoah RC Cylinder Gasket

G

Those are a bit more $$, but would be worth it. It would be better to avoid stacking gaskets.

G

Good choice man. You'll love it!

Guantanamo Joe

Does that kit give a better top end? I am looking to make my Dunerunner kick ass :D

What kind of HP do the stock engines have vs what this can give? I keep seeing engines that give 4.5 or more HP, but I don't know what we are starting with for comparrison.

G

The Redcats use a HY it is very similar to a CY. Parts between the two are interchangeable. If a part says fits CY it will fit the HY.

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
Does that kit give a better top end? I am looking to make my Dunerunner kick ass :D What kind of HP do the stock engines have vs what this can give? I keep seeing engines that give 4.5 or more HP, but I don't know what we are starting with for comparrison.
IMO the factory HY has about 2.5hp at best.

The power increase is unbelievable after upgrading to a full mod engine.

Those who just add a good head kit also report incredible performance gains.

Guantanamo Joe

RC Dad, so even though I added wicked power with my Dominator, the full mod will still blow me away? :D

Honestly, my MT is as powerful as I could ever want... I am wanting my Dunerunner to be a 45+ MPH machine now...

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
Woo Hoo!!!! Sold...My wife is about to get pissed when she sees my DDM shopping cart :D
Just take out the new Dyson and set it by the computer. :D

As you get more power you can start to run taller gearing. The top end will really increase.

Guantanamo Joe

I am thinking I will just make her a nice dinner... what sucks is now that I am moved to day shift, she and I can no longer flip flop driving one vehicle, so tonight I have to go buy a POS Ford Ranger- so that is more money too...

Down here we have vehicles that have been on island for a long time- and since this is a one year tour (for most) they get handed down quite a bit at a rediculously inflated price. I am about to overpay out the ass for a 94 ranger... yay... (at least it can haul my toys around in the bed)

G

That is what I was going to mention. You have reduced your final drive ratio with a shorter wheel/tire setup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts