• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What have you done to your redcat lately?

Silent_chaos

Wohoowwwwwws. Rcmax46?

You're.gona drop 2k on an an engine? :D

Good luck man. I have some pics on my pc that will give you an idea on the ultimate 5t built

Silent_chaos

claude bigelow said:
Thats a very nice built man. Although i would have replaced the front and rear links with IRP and lose a bit of weight.

Good choice with the Roller. Ever thought of to sell the body as is and get a grafil Cobra body or losi Extreme. Much lighter and durable.

Also did you check the TLR Losi Tuning kit? Installed one 2 weeks ago. It would be a great add on, this is an ultimate built so id recommend defo keep an eye on it for later.

On a final note, ever considered to strip down the chassis for a 7075? Or team Hoonage/chase chassis? With that amount of engine power and phatdad stuff, the chassis might suffer a bit and might destroy the spur gears.

Last edited by a moderator:

celm

I took my 4 tank old MT and stuck in a TRM Power ported and polished Zenoah 320RC, new boca bearings all around, killer rc kill switch, drill starter ,DDM dominator pipe ,snappy fuel vent system , Align ds610 throttle servo , RC alum cage, RC alum center diff blocks , DDM alum carb manifold ,DT1 triple flow filter, outerwears flywheel, pull start, air filter covers. I have 3 thank threw this already, when this is done, ill start putting the XB back together

claude bigelow

celm said:
I took my 4 tank old MT and stuck in a TRM Power ported and polished Zenoah 320RC, new boca bearings all around, killer rc kill switch, drill starter ,DDM dominator pipe ,snappy fuel vent system , Align ds610 throttle servo , RC alum cage, RC alum center diff blocks , DDM alum carb manifold ,DT1 triple flow filter, outerwears flywheel, pull start, air filter covers. I have 3 thank threw this already, when this is done, ill start putting the XB back together
Sounds like fun, enjoy!!!

REVOlutionary Rampage

Well, I painted my MT's frame gloss black, with a few coats of clear. While I was at it, I changed the gas lines, and fixed a few other random things that needed to be checked and adjusted. It was starting to look pretty worn. I figured I'd spruce it up. :)

Phill

Just upgraded to alloy centre diff holders with good quality industrial grade high speed bearings,fitted brass fuel fittings with Tygon lines and new Snappy kit,changed gearing to 29/31 , fitted a kill switch and just waiting on new Futaba radio so I can pull the starter

Silent_chaos

The car is 100% 7075 now, thanks to Doug.

I added the 7075 gear plate (it was alum alloy redcat), front/rear tower shocks, steering servo saver and lay shaft mount.

Alum alloy vs 7075 shock towers

Silent_chaos

7075 Gear plate

I also changed the shock oil to 30 wt all around. It was 40wt before and the car was giving the onroad feeling which I didn't like.

Changed the steering turnbuckle to IRP since the DGI one was heavy and touching the front diff housing while steering

The only upgrade missing on the car which is not 7075 is the front upper arms.

So I guess the car is race ready

Last edited by a moderator:

Phill

Just ordered the Jetpro rear mount pipe from DDM

It will probably take a week to gethere

Will let you know how it goes once I get it installed

MT Builder

Advertiser
Vendor
Phill said:
Just ordered the Jetpro rear mount pipe from DDMIt will probably take a week to gethere

Will let you know how it goes once I get it installed
Please do, I'm interested to see how it performs

Silent_chaos

This is how it looks like now

Love the 7075 steering

Front upper changed to stock. Waiting for a 7075 upgrade

Rear upper changed from DGI to stock. Waiting for IRP to ship it.

As for the rear CVD cup issue the one that is standing on the edge. Still no solution. Im gona see who will custom make me one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts