• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Waqr`s Maverick Blackout MT

Bill_G

waqr said:
The braces comes with the Maverick and I too think it is a really good feature on the truck.
Those are nice. I was gonna make a similar style of brace. Gives me a new idea.

waqr

Today came my aluminium gearplate and my rubber sealed bearings. It is a really nice piece of aluminium :) I also got a call from my local hobbyshop that my Dominator pipe had arrived!

5ufhgw.jpg

2la2d.jpg

kyle

Sick truck man! Where did you get the bearing kit? Any part number or price on that? Im in the market for them.

waqr

So, today I have made some progress again. I finally installed the rubber sealed bearings in the gearplate and also mounted it to the car. Switched the original throttle servo agains a Savox 1256TG since the original doesn`t seems to last that long :)

The engine is also almost done. I installed the Phatdad V-stack and did the filter mod on the HPI Baja filter carrier to allow for some better airflow to the engine. I only waits for the aluminium engine brace from Python racing before I can install it.

Some pictures from today:

vhuya0.jpg

sop8n9.jpg

2wp3uv5.jpg

waqr

Today I installed my new engine mount that I got from Python Racing. It looks really nice and it fits perfectly. Great upgrade from the original rubber mount that came with the truck.

I also installed the shockpiston covers from HPI Baja and they too fitted nicely. They were a bit long but other then that they are great. I don`t like to run with the shockpistons exposed to all dirt. On top of that I installed my own made shock shocks. I have never had any good luck with the ones you can buy so from last year I always make my own. I have found a good fabric that is thick and also very elastic.

Today I also carved out som space for the charge cable and the Killer Bee cable in the radio box. I think I need all the space I can get in there.

Some pictures from the day!

jhvb7o.jpg

4ht1h.jpg

34y1buf.jpg

140vh1c.jpg

hemmy50

very nice looking truck and you have some great ideas on mods for it also.thanks for the tips as i am in the begining of my build.i will keep an eye on your truck as it will help me with mine.keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress.

waqr

hemmy50 said:
very nice looking truck and you have some great ideas on mods for it also.thanks for the tips as i am in the begining of my build.i will keep an eye on your truck as it will help me with mine.keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress.
Thanks! Nice to see that my thread is appreciated. I too really enjoy reading all your threads :)

Last edited by a moderator:

waqr

I managed to work a few more hours on the truck today. I think it is ready to be fired up very shortly :)

Today I installed all electronics and did some adjustments to the serovs. I did manage to fit all the cables including the Killerbee killswitch inside the radiobox (eventhough it was a tight fit)

I also tried my enclosed wheelnuts and I think I will use these intead of the original ones.

Some pictures:

11azb09.jpg

Killerbee and charging cable

24v163c.jpg

29b0h7n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

waqr

I haven`t had much time to work on this truck the latest weeks but today I managed to fit two stickers anyway :) The truck is more or less ready for the maiden drive so hopefully the temperature will get a bit better next week,

34o357c.jpg

k3nmyt.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts