• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Waqr`s Maverick Blackout MT

iwik76

Thats the maverick blackout V2 you have there, its a great truck but does need some fiddling.. i would do yourself a favour and strip the stock servo's out and get some decent ones in there. They won't last too long even with the "servo" upgrade.. i have some blue alloy front steering knuckles if your intrested pm me..

waqr

iwik76 said:
Thats the maverick blackout V2 you have there, its a great truck but does need some fiddling.. i would do yourself a favour and strip the stock servo's out and get some decent ones in there. They won't last too long even with the "servo" upgrade.. i have some blue alloy front steering knuckles if your intrested pm me..
Yes, I know. I already have a almost brand new Savöx 1256TG that will replace the original throttle servo. The steering servos will be replaced with the new 35 kg Savöx sometimes in the near future :)

When you say V2, is there a newer version of this truck? The dealer told me that this was the latest version of the Maverick.....

iwik76

Yeah that is the latest one you've got, its was a update as the one I and many others bought had plastic gears and even worse stock servos to the ones you own.. this is a great truck but please have a good read of pre run checks in this forum as it does need some bits sorting before u run it.. if you got a while have a read of this might help??

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/95224-maverick-blackout/page__fromsearch__1

waqr

Great info there! I will definitely read the whole thread.

Thanks!

Do you still have the truck or have you sold it?

G

Luv the wheels iwik76! What are they?

waqr

So today I got some more work done on the truck. I fitted some boots, out some fuel tubing in the diff cups and also did the vent mod on the tank.

Tomorrow I will hopefully have some time to take the engine apart and start with the porting.

Picture will follow later tonight!

Last edited by a moderator:

iwik76

i fitted my Blackout with a Dog pile racing wildchild engine.. awesome bit of kit the only problem is i got my blackout stable then the extra power unit brought out all the other teething issues. i am now having a problem with the layshaft... tried all sorts going to try and get it welded together.. wish a one piece was avaliable..!! here's a vid of the heat cycle.. [ame=

[MEDIA=youtube]lkZ75VRGHkE[/MEDIA][/ame]other vids are on my channel are of the stock engine with the amazing CPI pipe..

Last edited by a moderator:

iwik76

waqr said:
No offense but can`t you start your own thread instead of posting in mine?
None taken. Thought I'd share with you as u asked if I'd kept or sold it.

Your work is looking good so far..

waqr

iwik76 said:
None taken. Thought I'd share with you as u asked if I'd kept or sold it. Your work is looking good so far..
Thanks man! Why don`t you start you own thread? I read your thread at the other forum and it was very informative so it would be great to have a thread about your truck here aswell :)

iwik76

proberbly not, doing a baja 5T project at the mo so time is short with work/family/rc...

Have you seen the carbon fibre disks/pads for the blackout/rampage?? any plans to get em? if so let us know what they are like...

waqr

iwik76 said:
proberbly not, doing a baja 5T project at the mo so time is short with work/family/rc... Have you seen the carbon fibre disks/pads for the blackout/rampage?? any plans to get em? if so let us know what they are like...
No, I haven`t. I will test the originals first and see how they are like......

waqr

Today I took the engine apart and did some porting. I removed very little material since I don`t want to loose too much bottom end torque. I did widen the inlet, outlet and did some small eyebrows.

I also installed a 9500rpm clutch spring and installed the KillerBee killswitch.

243ns5t.jpg

3313pmf.jpg

b8jkg4.jpg

G

All very impressive! Did you build the braces from the fuel tank posts to the rear dif, or does the Blackout come with those? Either way I like them!

waqr

RCDAD said:
All very impressive! Did you build the braces from the fuel tank posts to the rear dif, or does the Blackout come with those? Either way I like them!
I don`t know if my progress so far is that impressive, but thanks :)

The braces comes with the Maverick and I too think it is a really good feature on the truck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts