• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Waqr`s Maverick Blackout MT

waqr

So, today it finally arrived. First impression was, wow this is a BIG truck.

I have studied the truck carefully the whole evening and it feels really well engineered and robust built.

I will take the truck apart and let the dremel work magic on the engine and also install some outwears. Future upgrades will be:

WT 990 carb

Shearhead V-stack

DDM Dominator pipe

HPI Baja airfilter

Thread will be updated continously!

Some pictures of the truck:

2lkzk40.jpg

1kzo8.jpg

20zxz4m.jpg

w97bxt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TerraKill

nice truck :) i love my blackout to bits, youll love it. my 1st hop ups were 8k clutch spring and baja 5t highflow muffler(for safe bashing), really woke the beast up

waqr

Thanks guys!

I just purchased the aluminium gearplate so this will be installed asap. This weekend I will also take the engine out and do some porting.

What is the easiest way to remove the engine?

Thanks!

GTS 666

waqr said:
Thanks guys!I just purchased the aluminium gearplate so this will be installed asap. This weekend I will also take the engine out and do some porting.

What is the easiest way to remove the engine?

Thanks!
The easiest way to remove motor is.

1 throttle linkage off carb.

2 the three bolts that bolt through the gear plate to the motor.

3 the two bolts underneath for the engine mount.

Then it will come out.

Deluge

Remove the three bolts that go from the gear plate to the clutch case, then the two bolts that go through the bottom of the chassis to the fan cover. Pretty easy.

waqr

Thanks guys!

Seems a bit easier then on the HPI Baja then :)

waqr

Today I started to remove the engine and also turn around the tank so that I can install my DDM Dominator when it arrives. I love how easy it is to work with this truck. 5 screws and then the engine came out. Great!

Now I am just waiting for all upgrades so that I can install them. To be continued. Some pictures:

izyw09.jpg

6ooj06.jpg

1z312bq.jpg

21ky0pz.jpg

waqr

Alex said:
Hey W your truck loooks too clean go out have fun make it dirty man
In time it will be dirty but first I need to do some porting on the engine and upgrade it with some alu parts :)

Deluge said:
Looks good! It looks like they use a different engine mount, as well.
The Maverick has two aluminium spacers installed in a rubber mount. What kind of engine mount does the Redcat has? Is it just the two spacers without the rubber mount?

This will however be replaced with a Python aluminium mount which is on its way to me right now :)

Last edited by a moderator:

krashkrieg

Contributor
Deluge said:
Yeah, the Redcats don't come with the rubber mount. Just two spacers that like to run away.
I had those run away so many times...lol...

But I think I'm going to use stiff black dense foam and re-create the Maverick mount just so I stop losing them

(it's the same stuff used for battery cushioning on most electrics)

Thanks for the pics! Nice truck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts