• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The new Flysky FS-IT4

rcgasser

Ildy666 said:
Np....lol....it's not rocket science for $40 in this hobby is nothing.i have way more expensive hobbies than this.on the plus side I'm buying a it4.it looked good in the video reminds me of my note3...
LOL yes is is the old school PDA that is on the radio it has been a good radio for the price I have really enjoyed it.

Ildy666

RampageHopUps said:
Or buy a Futaba 3PL and have a good radio for $114.
He wants all the bells and whistles.u know $114 doesn't buy the 4pk. $400 buys that.why do u think he's asking all the ? I too want a lambo for kia prices but it's not realistic.the 3PL is great but not flashy.

Ice_2k

@rcgasser It's been a while since you gave your review of the IT4. Are you still happy with it? Encountered any issues? (except the need to rebind which I don't care about, I only have one car). I really want a telemetry-capable radio and the difference in price between this and Futaba/Spektrum is simply ridiculous, 3 times more expensive. Regarding the sensors, I understand it comes in the box with sensors for RPM (wheel or driveshaft RPM, not engine RPM. Is this a magnetic or an optical sensor?), temperature and voltage, is this correct? Are there any additional sensors available? I would really like to be able to read the engine RPM.

Thanks.

ika

It comes with optical rpm sensor. Temp sensor is useless forr engine, as it works up to 100celsius.

There is optical and magnetic rpm sensor, temp sensor and external voltage sensor.

Receiver volrage sensor is integrated in receiver, so no voltage sensor is needed.

Ice_2k

All the websites are listing the FS-SPD01 sensor, which seems to be the magnetic rpm sensor. I see no mention of an optical rpm sensor as well (I found a FS-SPD02 which seems to be the optical one but it doesn't appear as included anywhere). If I get it separately, can I use both RPM sensors? (one to measure engine RPM and one to measure car speed)

Included in Package:

Fly Sky FS-iT4 AFHDS 2 Transmitter

Fly Sky FS-iR4 AFHDS 2 Receiver

FS-BA1200 Lipo battery

FS-PEN01 Stylus

FS-SPD01 Rotation speed telemetry

FS-STM01 Tempreture telemetry

FS-SVT01 External voltage telemetry

Bind Plug

Additional Rubber Grip

Micro USB Charging Cord

Ice_2k

And is there a chance of using the magnetic RPM sensor to detect the magnet in the flywheel? Otherwise, I see no other way to get the engine RPM, including when idling and no transmision parts are rotating.

ika

Ice_2k said:
And is there a chance of using the magnetic RPM sensor to detect the magnet in the flywheel? Otherwise, I see no other way to get the engine RPM, including when idling and no transmision parts are rotating.
I don't think its possible, as on flywheel is 2 magnets, not simetricaly positioned.

Ice_2k

The new Flysky FS-IT4

Bummer... any better ideas than placing the magnet sensor on the clutch bell?

I still can't believe how cheap this system is and what great reviews is getting from everyone.

ika

I have not bought yet, because temp sensor up to 100 celsius.

ika

Ice_2k said:
Bummer... any better ideas than placing the magnet sensor on the clutch bell?I still can't believe how cheap this system is and what great reviews is getting from everyone.
Depends how software is calculating RPM, it may still work on flywheel with 2 magnets.

Ice_2k

The new Flysky FS-IT4

I don't think it can work accurately if the magnets are not symmetrically positioned... Altough.... if it just counts the number of hits per second... might work. Just that it will show double than real

ika

You can configure number of magnet, and like you sad :

if it just counts the number of hits per second... might work

ika

No other Radios have speed sensor, only RPM.

On FS-IT4 you can set distance per RPM and you will get Speed.

Ice_2k

Yes, I'm planning to get the extra optical sensor to measure wheel rpm (and convert to speed) and the magnetic sensor for the engine RPM.

Ice_2k

Question for any IT4 owners: can the units be changed from MPH+F to KPH+C?

And one more thing: the nitrorcx page also suggests getting the Sbus controller. Anyone know what that's needeed for?

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts