• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The new Flysky FS-IT4

rcgasser

When I was using the IT4 the range was I could get far enough from the car that you could not tell if it was pointing toward you and away from you. How ever far that is but its was more then enough range to drive it safely and much more far away then you would be at any time on any track.

Ice_2k

That's good to hear, thanks. Did you have any problems with it? Could you think of any reason why I would get the 3PL instead? Sorry for the 20 questions :)

Ice_2k

Just got my FS-IT4 and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with the sheer number of features it has. I especially like the "idle up" thingy. Quick question about the main screen: what is the point of the L/R and F/B sliders? Are they just showing me where left/right/front/back is? I tried reversing the servos, the sliders didn't change. Also, I cannot interact with them. What is their purpose?

P.S. Anyone know what type of battery this has? The writing on the battery says "Li-Ion polymer" which, as far as I know, doesn't exist. It's either Li-Ion or LiPo (Lithium-Polymer).

ika

Which version did you get FS-IT4 or FS-IT4S?

FS-IT4S is new version, which will be available in couple of days.

Ice_2k

The new Flysky FS-IT4

It's ok, I was aware of the upcoming 4S. I decided to pull the trigger because my stock radio was a goner, glitches got worst and worst up to the point that after 20m it was unusable and there was no telling how long it would be until the 4S was available. Further more, there was no guarantee that the 4s won't have the new product issues that the 4 had, so I decided to play it safe. If it turns out it's a big improvement, I'm sure I'll be able to sell the 4 for the same price I paid for it.

Ice_2k

From what I understand, there's a race mode which allows disabling the telemetry to get faster response and also they increased the limits of their sensors. The magnetic sensor now goes up to 60,000 RPM and also the temperature sensor goes to 250C.

Ice_2k

Cool stuff, I can measure RPM by detecting the magnets in the flywheel :D

Ice_2k

I wonder if the new sensor limits have anything to do with the radio itself or it's just the sensors that got upgraded. Or even just the receiver. Also I wonder if maybe you could just purchase the upgraded sensors/receiver and use them with the normal transmitter. I see no reason why any of those limits would have anything to do with the transmitter.

Ice_2k

Just discovered that altough Killer RC claim it's compatible with the FS-IT4, that's not entirely true. I have yet to found a way to allow the kill switch to detect an out of range situation. The only way I can get my engine killed is to set the receiver's failsafe to trigger channel 3, where the killswitch is plugged in but that's not ideal. If the receiver dies for some reason, I have no idea if the killswitch will kill the engine. For a 60$ killswitch, I was expecting it to at the very least perform it's basic task of detecting radio glitches.... Especially since I mailed them before buying and they confirmed it's compatible with the FS-IT4.

Ice_2k

I did, that video instructs you to turn off radio glitch detection (dip #2) which is sort of stupid, I wished they said that in the video, I watched it before buying and when he said "turn dip #2 down" I thought it was just a setting. Only after getting the kill switch and reading the instructions I noticed the big "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK" statement below the "dip #2 down" setting. Anyway, I tried it both ways, on and off, makes no difference, no reaction from the super bee when I remove the battery of the Tx :(

Ice_2k

No idea what you said there, you got censored :) I did speak to Kent from Killer RC if that's what you were going to suggest, he said he's looking into it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts