• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The new Flysky FS-IT4

wildstallion

IT4s is coming out soon mate you might want to hold off, then later in the year the IT5 with a capacative touch screen like an iPhone

Ice_2k

wow, really? I was so close to pulling the trigger on it, now you really gave me smth to think about...

Ice_2k

Btw, where did you get this info? I couldn't find anything on these 4S and 5 models anywhere... I have to say that at a better thought, I'm not overly excited about the capacitive touch screen, I'm guessing I won't be playing on the screen too much after I get everything setup. Plus, I guess it would be more expensive than the normal IT4... what I'm interested in is the telemetry, which seems to be good enough on the IT4 from the reviews I watched.

Ice_2k

The new Flysky FS-IT4

@wildstallion Thanks for the links, I'll think about it. I'm tempted to go with the IT4 anyway because the 4S doesn't seem to bring any significant features and the 5 has the risk of having the same problem as the IT4 did, meaning lots of issues in the first releases.

ika said:
You can configure number of magnet, and like you sad :if it just counts the number of hits per second... might work
One more possible problem I just thought about... the magnetic speed sensor has a max RPM of 16000rpm (which in itself is stupid because, along with the 100 degree max temperature, it makes this utterly useless for nitros) but, if we add the 2-magnets configuration into the mix, I think that means a max rpm of 8000 :( Which makes it useless for fuelies also.... These are some very weird limits they set....

wildstallion

I think these people may be selling them already mate just found them...

www.rclife.co.kr

ika

Sbus controller is just servo hub. Like Y harnes for servos, but you can connect additional battery to power servos directly. I don't own radio, but have manual. Will post little later.

ika

about it4s wrote me flysky, but no date mentioned.

Ice_2k

ika said:
Sbus controller is just servo hub. Like Y harnes for servos, but you can connect additional battery to power servos directly. I don't own radio, but have manual. Will post little later.
Great, please let me know if the manual mentions anything about those limits (or if the 16000rpm limit goes to 8000 when using 2 magnets). If I can't get rpm and temperature, it's not much "telemetry"... only speed remains...

ika

new FS-IT4S comes with 60K rpm sensors, its worth to wait.

Ice_2k

I talked to an ebay seller that claims he can get the IT4S... I'm now waiting on a price for it. I also sent an email to the folks at absima (they seem to be a german company that sells a rebranded version of the IT4, dubbed Absima CR4T) asking for some technical details, max RPM,using flywheel magnets to measure rpm etc. Hopefully my email with get to someone who knows more about the product than just its price and they'll be able to fill in some of the blanks here.

@ika I did go through the manual you posted, I didn't see anything there about max RPM or max temperature. I did however saw the imperial/metric units switch in a youtube video, so that seems to have been fixed.

LE: The IT4S manual is listing the max optical sensor RPM still at 16000 but the magnetic sensor is now at 60000 :) (2:16 mark in the youtube video posted above). Temperature did indeed increase to 250C.

Last edited by a moderator:

ika

you can use optical sensor on wheel for speed, its more that enough, also 250C is good.

Even futaba and Airtronics have 200C max, as i remember.

Futaba does not has speed sensor at all.

On Airtronics you can measure RPM or Speed, but not both on same time.

Check battery for IT4S , in some vedio I see it still 1200mah, but must be 1700mah.

Ice_2k

Battery is not a serious issue, I can always buy another one. However, the ugpraded limits of the 4S (60000rpm for magnetic sensor and 250C for temp sensor) means it's definetely worth waiting for it.

olblue78

I just purchased the FS-IT4 and i love it. The touch screen makes adjustments simple. I just need to figure out where to mount the speed sensor and i am in.

Ice_2k

Could you do a range test on it? I'm about to get a new radio because the range on the stock radio is just ridiculous, it's acting up after 100-150 ft. I'm going back&forth between the FS-IT4 and the Futaba 3PL. The Futaba is a much simpler radio but with clear quality and good range. I'm slightly worried about the FS-IT4's range because the stock radio is also a FlySky...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts