• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

she's in!!!!!

Deluge

You could also vent the tank by adding a vent line to the grommet. It does the same thing. The gas cap mod is just easier, in my opinion.

kingpin

Deluge said:
You should vent your gas cap, dude.Here's an example...

http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101747

The part you removed is a valve, basically. Which is supposed to help relieve tank pressure. Doesn't do a very good job, though. Which is why the gas cap vent mod is recommended.
so if I do the gas cap vent do I re-install the valve again?. :confused:

G

If you want to ditch the rubber bulb you can replace it with an Oring. But as stated, you need something to seal the cap to the tank.

kingpin

IMG_0113.JPG

Ok installed the pipe hardware and it's running so much faster! didnt get to the cap vent part but will get to it as soon as work permit's.! :D

G

Looks good. Keep an eye on that pipe, they are short lived.

kingpin

RCDAD said:
Looks good. Keep an eye on that pipe, they are short lived.
yes I heard, will invest in a good pipe once this one melts!, but it does make a difference in speed. :D I have 3 other baja's I have to feed. :p also RCDAD thanks for the info on those bolts.

Deluge

kingpin said:
IMG_0113.JPG Ok installed the pipe hardware and it's running so much faster! didnt get to the cap vent part but will get to it as soon as work permit's.! :D
Looks good!

Deluge

kingpin said:
yes I heard, will invest in a good pipe once this one melts!, but it does make a difference in speed. :D I have 3 other baja's I have to feed. :p also RCDAD thanks for the info on those bolts.
I know how that is! My 5T gets more attention. :D

G

Quote:Originally Posted by kingpin

yes I heard, will invest in a good pipe once this one melts!, but it does make a difference in speed. I have 3 other baja's I have to feed. also RCDAD thanks for the info on those bolts.

I know how that is! My 5T gets more attention.
We all have our favorites! :)

kingpin

Guantanamo Joe said:
I balanced my XT's tires using a roll of magnetic stripping with a tape back... No need for the magnet, just nice and heavy material with a very sticky back. Before doing this, my XT with homemade foams would litterally hop down the road, after doing this, it ran smooth. The XT has smaller wheels though, so I was able to use a production balancer. I too am going to come up with a balancer for the MT...
Hey you ever came up with an idea for the balancer for the mt tires? :confused:

Deluge

Just an idea, but you could remove one of the rear dogbones and just use that free hub as a balancer. I think the MT tires are heavy enough to make it work.

G

That's kinda what I was thinking. I was going to use and extra bearing holder as the mount.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts