• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

she's in!!!!!

kingpin

OK my new MT V3 came today and man what a machine! it came with the chrome pipe thats stock with it, came as a perk, I know replace it but hey will hold on to it until it breaks. will order the kill switch I don't really care for that fail safe it came with, it works but gotta watch the battery, ok anything else I need. will try and post pic's soon like I said it came about 1 hour ago so it got dark, anyway thanks for any suggestions. :D

G

Vent the tank.

Improve the air filter.

Servos most likely sooner than later. Throttle seems to go first.

Have Fun!

G

The throttle servo can go out the first run.

Never leave the receiver on when your not running it. Make sure your EPA (end point adjustment) is set correctly.

Guantanamo Joe

Go give her hell... she will love you for it... and you will love her back. Then she will break and you wont be happy... then you will fix her and you will not only be happy again, but proud that you fixed her... and so on and so forth until you dump her for another girl... ha ha ha

kingpin

RCDAD said:
The throttle servo can go out the first run.Never leave the receiver on when your not running it. Make sure your EPA (end point adjustment) is set correctly.
why would the throttle go first, figure it would be the steering servo? as far as the receiver being left on what would happen? I leave it on on my other trucks(tend to forget HA) and the end point should be set to what? like I said this is my first redcat and don't want to mess anything up. :confused: :D

Deluge

kingpin said:
why would the throttle go first, figure it would be the steering servo? as far as the receiver being left on what would happen? I leave it on on my other trucks(tend to forget HA) and the end point should be set to what? like I said this is my first redcat and don't want to mess anything up. :confused: :D
Some have success with the stock throttle servo, some don't. The one's who don't, get to enjoy their first runaway experience. So, it's better to just upgrade the servo and skip all that crap. You don't want to leave the receiver on, because the built in failsafe will kick on put a constant load on the servo, which will burn it out.

To set the EPA, adjust it so the servo bottoms out and then back it off a bit. This will keep the servo from burning out due to unnecessary load. For example. With my steering servo, I set the EPA so that the servo stops just before it puts a load on the servo saver.

kingpin

OK she started on the secound pull run's nice...but when I give her gas on the street not grass I notice the wheel's being heavy the whole truck start's to shake, like the wheels start to wobble, it's like a real car without shock's. on low RPM the wheel's are fine, but when I gun it the whole truck look's like it's going to rattle to death. wheel's probably need's balancing?. :confused:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts