• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Running my OBR Engine

ChuenouXiao

rcgasser said:
Oh ok yes it is it has to be stiffer which allows the motor to get up to 8k rpm before it engages hence its name 8k spring the 6k will be less stiffer because the motor will get up only to 6k rpm then it will engage.
so far i got one side into one pad's hole... trying the other side now

Deluge

Probably going to have to get a puller for the broken clutch plate. Or, you could heat it up and tap it with a hammer. Should pop off pretty easily after you heat it up.

ChuenouXiao

Crap... got the spring into both holes now... other problem is i don't have enough strength to crush the pads into place....

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

LMAO!!!! With my brute strength... I manage to crush the clutch together with the 8k spring LOL!! I didn't think it was possible :D (BTW... I'm Asain so most of us are slim built :D )

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Probably going to have to get a puller for the broken clutch plate. Or, you could heat it up and tap it with a hammer. Should pop off pretty easily after you heat it up.
Probably have to get myself a puller :( how much do they run? BTW... thank god DDM packaged the 8k spring in pairs. The first spring.. i shred the paint off due to using pliers. The second one I did it with my bare hands :D

leetmodz

ChuenouXiao said:
LMAO!!!! With my brute strength... I manage to crush the clutch together with the 8k spring LOL!! I didn't think it was possible :D (BTW... I'm Asain so most of us are slim built :D )
Next time you should get hpi shoes. Installing the 9500 spring from DDM was quite easy. When I installed the spring, I didn't have any clearance issues with them either.

ChuenouXiao

Ildy666 said:
Don't worry about the paint.nobody see's it anyway...
Yea... besides the paint, I'm also worried about me flexing my first 8k spring too much with pliers and causing it to warp. So I use the second spring that came with it... brand spanking new :D This time I use my bare hands and manage to get both ends into the shoe pad's hole. You just got to work it a bit..... :D

ChuenouXiao

Ildy666

Maybe try a battery clamp or wiper arm remover .can buy at any autoparts store.and there pretty cheap just a thought.....

ChuenouXiao

Ildy666 said:
Maybe try a battery clamp or wiper arm remover .can buy at any autoparts store.and there pretty cheap just a thought.....
I don't know what the battery clamp you are referring to Ildy but the wiper arm makes sense :D There's hope :D I will try the wiper arm remover. Do you have a link to battery clamp? Are you referring to those handle battery clamp? :D

Ildy666

It looks like a 2 jaw puller but for battery cable clamps.it grabs the back of the clamp while applying pressure to the battery stud/post.actually i use on wiper arms its a multi purpose tool.i buy from the tool trucks,snap-on,matco,cornwell.but auto parts store should have it.its like 10-15 bucks maybe cheaper.go online and Google it .good luck Chue...

ChuenouXiao

Ildy666 said:
It looks like a 2 jaw puller but for battery cable clamps.it grabs the back of the clamp while applying pressure to the battery stud/post.actually i use on wiper arms its a multi purpose tool.i buy from the tool trucks,snap-on,matco,cornwell.but auto parts store should have it.its like 10-15 bucks maybe cheaper.go online and Google it .good luck Chue...
Thanks bud.... will report back here once I get it... and how things go.... thanks a million.

ChuenouXiao

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts