• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Running my OBR Engine

rcgasser

Deluge said:
Slot it and then heat it up before you try to back it out.
+1 on the heat it up first that will allow it to screw out easier I use a high power soldering iron to heat mine up and the slotting it with the dremal tool IMO would be the easier fix to remove the screw.

G

Yes the heat softens the locktite. When you strip out a hex. It is best to slot it for a screw driver while you still have the head on there. Good luck.

ChuenouXiao

Guys... bought myself a Dremel... sliced the piece of the screw and use flat head to take the screw out... it was successful... Thank guys.... Just waiting on my clutch carrier to get here so I can fix engine here and get her up and running :D BTW... what kind of material should I ask for when looking for screws replacement?

ChuenouXiao

8k clutch from DDM

Hey guys.... the 8k clutch seems to be a bit fatter to fit inside the clutch's holes... I wonder if the 8k clutch will work with my clutch? The stock 6k clutch slides right in with no problem and is a snap to install. Your thoughts?

rcgasser

The clutch shoes should be the same its the spring that should be different (red) for the 8K

ChuenouXiao

The broken clutch carrier... unmounting help

I understand that you can use two longer screw to un-mount a clutch carrier. The problem is mine is one sided only, due to the piece braking in half. I can try one side to see if I can un-mount my broken clutch carrier. If that fails... any alternative besides the two bolts (in my case... one bolt)? Need help....

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

rcgasser said:
The clutch shoes should be the same its the spring that should be different (red) for the 8K
It's a little fatter rcgasser.... the stock one has some space in between the holes when its installed. Its really hard to install the 8k spring due to the fatness of it. Using pliers will scratch the spring and warp the spring too.... probably a bad idea to use the 8k for now :( Last thing I want is to replace my clutch pads because of a warp spring.....

rcgasser

No its not hard at all do not try to install with the shoes mounted remove the shoes install the spring in one hole aligin the 2 holes together and install the other end of the spring with the shoes not in round just the holes line up. Take some channel lock pliers and squeeze the shoes together you will here a slight pop and that's it.

ChuenouXiao

rcgasser said:
No its not hard at all do not try to install with the shoes mounted remove the shoes install the spring in one hole aligin the 2 holes together and install the other end of the spring with the shoes not in round just the holes line up. Take some channel lock pliers and squeeze the shoes together you will here a slight pop and that's it.
The problem is.... I can't get the 8k red spring to fit inside the clutch hole.... very very difficult (too fat). I can try to use pliers but not a good idea. Note that the clutch are not installed yet....

rcgasser

ChuenouXiao said:
The problem is.... I can't get the 8k red spring to fit inside the clutch hole.... very very difficult (too fat). I can try to use pliers but not a good idea. Note that the clutch are not installed yet....
Oh ok you can trim the red off of the ends the wire is underneath that should allow you enough room.

ChuenouXiao

rcgasser said:
Oh ok you can trim the red off of the ends the wire is underneath that should allow you enough room.
Since my clutch carrier is broken in half and only one sided is installed onto the engine... how do I un-mount my broken carrier? I understand you can use two longer screw to un-mount and pop the clutch carrier out of its place. Mine is only one sided :D Any solution?

ChuenouXiao

rcgasser said:
Triming the 8k spring might work but I doubt it though because its still fat. Pliers is still require to force it in the clutch hole. Besides... the curve is a added security right so that the clutch won't come loose? Me personally, if it's hard to install, don't continue... because things will break later... :(

rcgasser

You will still have the curve I didn't mean to cut the wire completely you will just trim the red off the end down to the wire.

ChuenouXiao

rcgasser said:
You will still have the curve I didn't mean to cut the wire completely you will just trim the red off the end down to the wire.
The other problem is I don't have something strong enough to push the pad into place with the 8k spring.... is the 8k spring stiffer then my 6k?

rcgasser

Oh ok yes it is it has to be stiffer which allows the motor to get up to 8k rpm before it engages hence its name 8k spring the 6k will be less stiffer because the motor will get up only to 6k rpm then it will engage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts