• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Running my OBR Engine

ChuenouXiao

It's the clutch carrier!

Guys... IT'S MY CLUTCH CARRIER!! The piece that hold the two pad to place..... one of the arm of the carrier cracked... cause the clutch to engage when I try to start. Resulting in my car trying to move forward...... I'm considering asking the OBR guys on what I should do to not void any warranty. It looks like I can try replace the clutch carrier but the problem is I don't have the piston stopper so I don't know if I can replace it myself. What do you guys think is the most cost effective without voiding my warranty?

ChuenouXiao

cordy said:
You can always use a piece of rope for a piston stoper.
How do you use the rope though? Do you feed it through the piston to the exhaust exit? Or do you tie the rope somewhere on the flywheel? My other question is, my clutch are screwed onto the carrier by these hex screw.... not the allen screw... what is the correct way to take out these hex screws?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
You can do it yourself.Here's the clutch plate...

Zenoah 54mm Clutch Plate and Clutch Plate Bolt Set

You feed the rope in through the spark plug hole. Or, you could buy a piston stopper. They're pretty cheap.

Piston Stopper Tool

As for the clutch bolts, just get a ratchet and a socket and back them out. Same process, different tool.
Thank you! So for sure that Zenoah clutch carrier you listed should work right? Its the exact same clutch carrier? Can I test if my engine runs with out the clutch carrier installed?

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
If it looks like this, then yes. A ratchet and a socket will get it done. media.nl?id=3355&c=885035&h=3cafd7e05654449a68ed.jpg
Ordering 8k spring, clutch carrier and piston stopper. Do you think my Clutch is damage from the incident? What should I look for regarding damage on the clutch?

Deluge

Yes, it's an OEM part. It'll fit without any issues. It comes with the clutch plate bolt.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Yes, it's an OEM part. It'll fit without any issues. It comes with the clutch plate bolt.
THANKS.... just ordered!! Now is my chance to test the 8k clutch :D Thank a million guys... especially you Deluge!

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Ordering 8k spring, clutch carrier and piston stopper. Do you think my Clutch is damage from the incident? What should I look for regarding damage on the clutch?
If it doesn't have any cracks, it's fine.

G

Or if you have worn the pads off. I dought you have, just throwing it out there.

ChuenouXiao

My clutch....

You can't see the cracked on the carrier but I wanted to show you my clutch. I think they are re-usable. What socket size do I need to take out the bolts here holding my clutch to the carrier?

ChuenouXiao

How do I extract this screw from my gear plate?

I stripped the head so I've managed to drill the head away... I use pliers but so far am not successful yet.... any tips?

G

Clutch pads look new still.

The screw can be removed with an easy out. Home Depot should have a set. You basically drill a hole in the stuck screw and the easy out will thread to the left into the hole as it gets to tight to turn in any more it will back out the stuck screw.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Clutch pads look new still.The screw can be removed with an easy out. Home Depot should have a set. You basically drill a hole in the stuck screw and the easy out will thread to the left into the hole as it gets to tight to turn in any more it will back out the stuck screw.
Which easy out is the strongest? Brand? What should I look for? Titanium material? :D

cordy

+1 on the easy out. You could slot the bolt with a dremmel ,then turn it out with a screwdriver.Also you may want to try to grab it with a small pair of vice grips. Put the vice grips on sideways,don't think there`s enough to grab it from the top.Good luck.You could also back the screw out with a small hamer and chisel,delicately.

ChuenouXiao

cordy said:
+1 on the easy out. You could slot the bolt with a dremmel ,then turn it out with a screwdriver.Also you may want to try to grab it with a small pair of vice grips. Put the vice grips on sideways,don't think there`s enough to grab it from the top.Good luck.You could also back the screw out with a small hamer and chisel,delicately.
I like the dremel idea but I don't have a dremel.... yet..... may have to bring it over to my brother's place to use his dremel :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts