• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Running my OBR Engine

Ildy666

Cool Chue good to hear.hey lost your number tried to text u too c how it worked out.text me if u still have number.late Ildy.....

ChuenouXiao

MY XB IS ONLINE!!! DAM!! 8k... is a big difference... it has higher torque huh? I didn't run it but I reeve the engine with the car lifted with my arm. Awesome!!!! Hope the clutch carrier won't break on me again :D

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Gives it more punch, for sure.
Gives more punch Deluge???!!!!! IT ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Now my XB accelerates like my Redcat Toranado XP back in the days :D There's so much torque that my tires are peeling and my car is losing traction on the launch :D It put a big smile on my face :D Your thoughts guys? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Higher rpm clutch is always one of my first hopups. Cheap, easy to do, and makes a huge difference in the launch.

ChuenouXiao

Guys... I've calculated that maybe last time my clutch carrier cracked was due to my 6k spring. Maybe the 6k spring wasn't able to handle the power from my OBR. Notice how this happened when I tuned my LSN properly? Maybe with the 8k spring... it won't happen again due to the stronger tension :D Your thoughts?

G

The spring rate only determines rpm engagement. The 6k spring just let's the pads touch the bell earlier.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
The spring rate only determines rpm engagement. The 6k spring just let's the pads touch the bell earlier.
Right.... but my clutch carrier cracked... one side of the clutch carrier holding one of the clutch snapped. Like someone cracking a cookie in half. Too much power?

Deluge

If it was the spring, it would've snapped before the clutch plate broke. I'm thinking it was just a random failure. I've seen them break on stock engines.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
If it was the spring, it would've snapped before the clutch plate broke. I'm thinking it was just a random failure. I've seen them break on stock engines.
Is there an upgrade to a clutch carrier? Stronger piece?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts