• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat Racing RC Gas Engine Kill Switch

Zen

Hello, I am new to 1/5 scale. I have a question regarding the Redcat Racing RC Gas Engine Kill Switch. My question is how low does the voltage have to be before the kill switch activates? This question comes about as I was running my Dunerunner and noticed my steering was getting wider and wider. When I brought the car in, I noticed my steering servo wasn't as responsive as before. I had very slight movement in throttle and steering, and enough battery to have a signal. This concerns me because, I didn't have control of the car, but i had enough battery to technically have a signal. Do you have to have a total power outage for the kill switch to kick in?

The Zen has asked.

RampageHopUps

The kill switch will activate once it gets below a certain voltage and then senses a load increase. If you were to turn fast or hit a bump, it would probably activate.

Once you notice the steering is getting sloppy, its time to bring it in.

Zen

Thanks for the quick reply. What volt meter/monitor would you recommend to keep track of your battery?

RampageHopUps

Steering servos are very reliant on the endpoints being set right. We have been trying to increase the quality of the steering servos, but they still fail once in a while.

Ice_2k

Ice_2k said:
How it looks on the car:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts