• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Recommended hop ups for rampage mt?

rob64n

Contributor
Corncheeto16 said:
The kill switch was one thing i forgot to mention. do you know of a good one for the least money? I have seen tons of people using the hpi filter so i think thats the one i will go with. Also I like the dominator pipe i just don't want any body melting issues. As far as the 990 carb, i do like it but i was also considering the 813. Not sure if that accelerator pump is a good or a bad thing. Thanks for welcoming me to the forum and i will be sure to post pics when i get it and upgrades i get along with it.
The 813 is easier to start. I have two 990's and not liking the amount of pulls and or removing air filter to stick my thumb in it to choke it

rob64n

Contributor
Deluge said:
The 813 eats throttle shafts. The 990 is basically an 813 without the accelerator pump. Go with the 990.
there is a boot made to help this from happening. It keeps the dirt out

Corncheeto16

im sure if you have it tuned right it will crank up fine. i have an echo weed eater that the choke lever broke on and i start that thing without it just fine. just give it a couple pumps on the primer bulb and your good to go lol

Deluge

rob64n said:
there is a boot made to help this from happening. It keeps the dirt out
Does it cover up the hole on the back of the carb? Where the spring and ball bearing are for the accelerator pump? Cause that's the issue.

Deluge

Corncheeto16 said:
im sure if you have it tuned right it will crank up fine. i have an echo weed eater that the choke lever broke on and i start that thing without it just fine. just give it a couple pumps on the primer bulb and your good to go lol
Yep. Mine starts within 3 pulls all day.

G

My 990 on average starts on the 4th pull (cold start). Some times it takes 5 and some times 3 pulls. I never do anything to choke it. 1st or second pull if it is a warm start.

Corncheeto16

Help! lol i got all my parts from ddm and one of them was a pull start handle and pull start outerwear. i took the starter off and pulled the rope out and locked some vice grips on the rope to keep the slack out so i could untie the handle and change it but the vice grips let go after i got the handle off and the rope flew into the starter . i got the rope out but now there is no tension to rectract it after you pull it. the one allen screw in the middle to pull the white disc out will not budge. it has rounded off every allen wrench i have tried on it. what do i do?!?!

G

I've wound them back up fully assembled and grabbed the rope with a small needle nose.

G

If you want to take it apart, heat the bolt up with a soldering iron. That will soften the locktite.

G

Yeah, sounds like the spring came unhooked. You will have to get her apart.

G

No prob man. Be patient they can be a bit of a pain to redo. Good luck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts