• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Recommended hop ups for rampage mt?

Corncheeto16

Hey guys,

This is my first post, Here in two weeks i will be buying the rampage mt. I'm not new to rc, just to 1/5 scale. I have some ideas on what i want for hop ups, but i don't know what brands to go with, what will fit, ect. I know i want to replace the carb, just don't know which one to go with. I also want to get a tuned pipe, change out the air filter with a better one that has the outwear, as well as outwear for the shocks. last thing is i want to go with steel gears, just don't know what brand or ratio to go with. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Guantanamo Joe

A lot of folks use the Walbro 990 carb... and I am getting one soon too

Daves Discount motors has some good pipes... and I am inclined to say that all of the pipes they sell will be good. I ordered a Dominator side pipe, but it's not in yet.

A lot of filters are out there, but most seem to run the HPI filter.

All of these things can be found easily

Also, get a kill switch- it's a safety issue.

Welcome to the 1/5th scale fun, and welcome to the forum

G

All good recommendations.

Get a Kill switch before you run it.

All the Redcat gassers now came with steel gears.

Corncheeto16

The kill switch was one thing i forgot to mention. do you know of a good one for the least money? I have seen tons of people using the hpi filter so i think thats the one i will go with. Also I like the dominator pipe i just don't want any body melting issues. As far as the 990 carb, i do like it but i was also considering the 813. Not sure if that accelerator pump is a good or a bad thing.

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum and i will be sure to post pics when i get it and upgrades i get along with it.

G

The Killer RC Super Bee is awesome. It is what most people run. Completely plug and play.

Guantanamo Joe

the killer bee switch is the only one I have experienced... I like it though and it costs about 60 bucks. I love being able to turn the truck off without putting my hand under the body to hit the button.

Corncheeto16

Thanks guys. Looks like the killer bee switch is what i'm getting. :D

The new mt's come with steel gears? that's a plus!

Do i need to vent the gear case cover? I have heard other people do it but i'm not to sure about it.

Guantanamo Joe

What I like the most about the Flysky is the 3rd channel... making the kill switch activate from the remote is priceless to me :D

I made all my nitro friends jeallous when I drove it across the field to them and then turned the engine off without having to be anywhere near the truck...

G

Corncheeto16 said:
Thanks guys. Looks like the killer bee switch is what i'm getting. :D The new mt's come with steel gears? that's a plus!

Do i need to vent the gear case cover? I have heard other people do it but i'm not to sure about it.
On the older versions people did it to keep the plastic gears cool. Not needed anymore. Most will run without the cover. The steel gears really don't need the protection.

G

There is a failsafe built into most receivers. When the receiver looses power, signal or starts to glitch, it can be set to apply the brakes and steer right. It sends these signals to the servos. However if it is the servo that is causing a problem the failsafe becomes useless. That is why a kill switch is so important. You can shut off the engine via the transmitter.

Corncheeto16

oh ok. ill go with just the kill switch. another thing i want to get is either the 7500 or the 8000 clutch. its a good list of parts but will be well worth the money. Is there any weak points in the frame or plastic components that i should be worried about?. correct me if i'm wrong but the servos have metal gearing right?

G

They do, but plan on replacing them in the future. Make sure your EPA (end point adjustment) is set correctly on your transmitter. Just like any RC, always turn the transmitter on first and off last. That will help extend the life of the servos.

G

It is when the servo is under load. The end point is where the linkage stops. You do not want the servo to keep pushing when it it not possible to travel farther. It will burn them out quick.

Corncheeto16

ah i understand. sorry for the excessive questions, i just want to be sure the truck will last me for a good while before something breaks or gives out and performs good. Really the whole reason i'm going to 1/5 scale is to get away from nitro. i cant justify having to tune a motor every time you run it or paying so much for one gallon of nitro. plus the size of these trucks are massive lol. i still have yet to see the rampage mt in person.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts