• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Recommended hop ups for rampage mt?

G

It will be very impressive! You'll never touch a nitro again.

desismileys_6604.gif

G

No problem man. I look forward to your pics.

Deluge

Corncheeto16 said:
Hey guys, This is my first post, Here in two weeks i will be buying the rampage mt. I'm not new to rc, just to 1/5 scale. I have some ideas on what i want for hop ups, but i don't know what brands to go with, what will fit, ect. I know i want to replace the carb, just don't know which one to go with. I also want to get a tuned pipe, change out the air filter with a better one that has the outwear, as well as outwear for the shocks. last thing is i want to go with steel gears, just don't know what brand or ratio to go with. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Welcome to 5th scale! You'll love the MT. It's a beast! I run the HPI filter with an Outerwears and I love it. I run the 990, it's an awesome carb. Much better than the 668 clone that the MT comes with. The DDM side Dom is a great pipe. It's a torque pipe, which is what the MT needs.

Deluge

Corncheeto16 said:
The kill switch was one thing i forgot to mention. do you know of a good one for the least money? I have seen tons of people using the hpi filter so i think thats the one i will go with. Also I like the dominator pipe i just don't want any body melting issues. As far as the 990 carb, i do like it but i was also considering the 813. Not sure if that accelerator pump is a good or a bad thing. Thanks for welcoming me to the forum and i will be sure to post pics when i get it and upgrades i get along with it.
The 813 eats throttle shafts. The 990 is basically an 813 without the accelerator pump. Go with the 990.

Deluge

Corncheeto16 said:
Thanks guys. Looks like the killer bee switch is what i'm getting. :D The new mt's come with steel gears? that's a plus!

Do i need to vent the gear case cover? I have heard other people do it but i'm not to sure about it.
We used to vent the gear cover when the MT came with plastic gears. Helped resolve some of the melting issues we had. Since the V3 comes with steel gears, you don't have to vent it.

Deluge

Corncheeto16 said:
oh ok. ill go with just the kill switch. another thing i want to get is either the 7500 or the 8000 clutch. its a good list of parts but will be well worth the money. Is there any weak points in the frame or plastic components that i should be worried about?. correct me if i'm wrong but the servos have metal gearing right?
Go with the 8k clutch. You'll get more punch off the line. The MT is pretty solid out of the box. The servos are sketchy. At least replace the throttle servo, that'll save you some headaches.

Deluge

Corncheeto16 said:
ah i understand. sorry for the excessive questions, i just want to be sure the truck will last me for a good while before something breaks or gives out and performs good. Really the whole reason i'm going to 1/5 scale is to get away from nitro. i cant justify having to tune a motor every time you run it or paying so much for one gallon of nitro. plus the size of these trucks are massive lol. i still have yet to see the rampage mt in person.
Your jaw will hit the floor when you first see it! Guaranteed.

Deluge

Corncheeto16 said:
well i appreciate all the help and the day i get my rampage i will post pics and let you guys know from there on how my upgrades are working for me :cool:
Looking forward to the pics, dude! Always a pleasure to see a clean MT.

Deluge

It's like when you got that awesome toy when you were a kid. You just wanted to take it everywhere. Hell, you even slept with it. You can't really fit an MT on a bed, though. Lol.

Corncheeto16

ok guys im in a pickle. i can either buy the upgrades now ($400) and buy the mt itself in two weeks or i can buy the mt now and order the parts in two weeks. what should i do?

and does 800 seem like a fair price for the mt?

Guantanamo Joe

You can get it cheaper... look at the websites on the left side of the page. I recommend RC Pitstop, I got mine from their site for $729... pretty much as good as it's going to get. Get the MT now, the parts wont do you any good sitting there all alone... :D

Corncheeto16

i could do that, i really wanted to wait and run it for the first time with all the parts. If i buy it now though and order the kill switch ill have to wait for the kill switch to get here before i can run it. Honestly i don't think i could stare at it in my room for a week waiting for the kill switch lol

Guantanamo Joe

If you buy now and run stock, then you will see the differences each hop up makes... it's pretty cool seeing how much difference something like the pipe makes.

I ran mine for a week or so without the kill switch... I was just very careful... it is a risk, but I still have not had a servo break and I have had my XT for about 6 months now- the dunerunner for about 4 months... and the MT is new, so I havent ran it much yet.

Corncheeto16

well i think ill do that. There is a hobby shop in my mall but they want 800 for it. I could order the truck online and the kill switch and pray they both arrive at the same time lol. im just sketchy about shipping. how fast did yours arrive from rc pit stop?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts