• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Project T1

TerraKill

Deluge said:
I got ya. The theory sounds good. Just wondering how it works in a real world scenario. From what I understand, the volume of the juice box should be greater than the volume of the cylinder. Right?
i think its somthing like that, but im not sure

lol well when i got the the track, the juicebottle had to come off within 10 mins, as i had an airleak somwere and the engine wouldnt hold a tune or tick over.

once i took the juicebox off it worked 100% fine!

BUT......

after inspection of the juicebox, i found 2 bolt markings and i realised the bolts i had used to hold the carb and airfilter where to long and had been backing onto the juicebox making the airleaks :(

so at some point i will put the juicebox back on with the correct length bolts and see if it works :p

and i will bable to tell you if i see a diffrence then

well...... this weekend was great! little annoyed i hardly got any footage of my car, as no1 would help me out and hold my camcorder, but i got a little footage ill upload later, and i think im gonna take my car out tonight and try get some more eye candy

Last edited by a moderator:

TerraKill

BoukeG said:
Me too! Show us a vid! Just ask anyone to hold that camera (I did too), although they cannot keep up, the car must be on screen once or twice. :D
haha ill get a short vid of it up after work,

i only managed to get 1 guy to hold the camra and needless to say the footage isnt very good or very long, and i got taken out by a baja on 2nd corner ahahahahaha.

PS. GRAFIL!!!! YOU SHOULD BE SUPER PROUD OF YOURSELF!!!

this body is bloody brilliant!!

i dint run it for the 1st day as i kept thinking its really fragile and was gonna disintegrate on the 1st bump :p

But once i got the courage to run the shell, i roll it, i scraped it, i bashed it, i had a bad head on crash with the fence when my receiver died! and the wheel aches are big enough for 2 sets of wheels ahahahah (a baja took me out and he ended up mounting both his wheels inside my aches aswell)

ill get some pictures of the battle wounds later, but again considering the weight and the speed my car was going, i think this shell has soaked up the damage and impacts REALLY well

G

Sorry to hear of the unwanted impacts. I'm glad the body is holding for you!

TerraKill

Deluge said:
How thick are those shock shafts?!
yippe my caliper came today

the shock shafts are 6mm and the bodys are 30mm

i am uploading a short, kinda cruddy vid atmo(it dosnt really show off my car, but u can see i beat 2 bajas with top obr engines into the 1st corner :p )

TerraKill

Deluge said:
They look bigger than 6mm! The Innovative-RC shafts are 8mm. Those are monsters!
ill remeasure tomorrow, but pritty sure i got it right at 6mm :p

tbh i think 6mm is nice size, anything bigger your gonna damage the shock body, as the shafts wont bend as easy :confused:

are the innovative shocks bigger in size do u know?

TerraKill

it goes like a spanked donkey!! thats for sure

brakes are a big problem at the moment, im absolutly killing them, they work so dam well!!! then they fade/ware really fast, they was brand new disks before this weekend, and now there paper thin! and i was forever ajusting them as they wore.

Lmao and every time i braked hard you just saw ploooms of smoke coming from my car, i knew it was fine, but everyone was well worryed it was gonna catch fire

are there metal disks i can use on the squares do u know?

the final layshaft bearing is getting a hammering, and i had to replace it on the 1st day lol

did i read somewere that the 7075 gear plates have a double bearing on the final shaft?

and the brake square is going to be a problem point aswell >.< it was also new and its pritty worn out(i think the abs achally did this)

but i think im gonna work on a one peice lay shaft now, and fit hydro brakes to the rear wheels(as this will effect all the wheels from th 4x4 and is easyer to mount on the rear hubs)

Deluge

TerraKill said:
ill remeasure tomorrow, but pritty sure i got it right at 6mm :p tbh i think 6mm is nice size, anything bigger your gonna damage the shock body, as the shafts wont bend as easy :confused:

are the innovative shocks bigger in size do u know?
They're the same length as the Baja shocks, but they say they have a 20mm shock body, I'm assuming that's an internal measurement cause my 5T shocks are about 20mm externally. They look huge compared to the stock shocks.

http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1489252&postcount=18

TerraKill

Deluge said:
They're the same length as the Baja shocks, but they say they have a 20mm shock body, I'm assuming that's an internal measurement cause my 5T shocks are about 20mm externally. They look huge compared to the stock shocks.http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1489252&postcount=18
yeh them shafts r huge

nop external man, ill get some pictures up for you tomorrow with the caliper on for you (don't worry it is calibrated :p )

draw a 20mm circle then draw a 30mm circle round tht, there is quite a big diffrence don't let numbers fool you, it might also be the top cap making it look even bigger

Deluge

TerraKill said:
it goes like a spanked donkey!! thats for surebrakes are a big problem at the moment, im absolutly killing them, they work so dam well!!! then they fade/ware really fast, they was brand new disks before this weekend, and now there paper thin! and i was forever ajusting them as they wore.

Lmao and every time i braked hard you just saw ploooms of smoke coming from my car, i knew it was fine, but everyone was well worryed it was gonna catch fire

are there metal disks i can use on the squares do u know?

the final layshaft bearing is getting a hammering, and i had to replace it on the 1st day lol

did i read somewere that the 7075 gear plates have a double bearing on the final shaft?

and the brake square is going to be a problem point aswell >.< it was also new and its pritty worn out(i think the abs achally did this)

but i think im gonna work on a one peice lay shaft now, and fit hydro brakes to the rear wheels(as this will effect all the wheels from th 4x4 and is easyer to mount on the rear hubs)
I know there are CF discs available. Don't know about metal discs, though.

And, yep, the 7075RC plate has two bearings on the layshaft.

Lol. That's what happens, dude. Step up the power and all your weak links will be exposed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts