• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Project T1

TerraKill

heres the real begining of my build, witch im calling "T1"

im still awaiting on parts from overseas, but they should be here anyday and i can complet this beast! i have a deadline of 14th september to have this machine ready to chow down on some tarmac and impress some folk

so far we have

• Rcmk Pro mod 30.5 long block
  • Jetpro Rear mount
  • Jetpro Dual Stinger
  • Ada Juice Box
  • 990 carb
  • Rb innovations airfilter
  • killer bee
  • Savox 0236mg
  • Savox 1258tg
  • flysky fs gt3c
  • High flow fuel line kit
  • Hostile boots
  • all drivetrain gears polished (include all diff gears for extra smoothness)
  • deannodized and polished all parts
  • grafil Rally-G shell
  • Baja star rear wheels all round with Hostile Slick tyres(med comp)
  • my custom bumpers (still playing around with the front ones, need to get front diff on, but the pics below are just a mock up of how its kinda gonna look)
  • swapping out Cvd's for good old dogbone set up
  • Uber rc bearings
  • Belt Drive kit
  • 8k clutch and lightened shoes
  • All stainless steel nuts & bolts
  • Tank vent mod

there will be more pics to come when my last main package comes

Last edited by a moderator:

TerraKill

and it all fits perfectly (at the moment, not sure when i trim the shell up, im hoping once its trimmed up tho, the supercharger head should poke up nicly tho the bonnet of the shell)

TerraKill

RCDAD said:
Where did you get the metal pieces for your bumpers?
:cool:

these bumpers are achally designed by me, i just went to my local machineshop with my data stick, and got them laser cut from 304 stainless 14ga.(this was my first ever design that has come to life!! im happy with my 1st creation)

i tryed to design them so i can mount them in diffrent configurations for differnt situations, eg. bashing or racing

like in my pictures i have double bumpers front and back, but ive now decided to go with 1 bumpers front and back (ill have the rear bumper mounted today so ill get some pics posted when im finished, and its looking pritty cool)

Only thing that im struggling with is the angles of the pipes exit and the angle of the dual stinger.

Rcdad ive seen on one of your cars you have a longish pipe running from your exhaust to a stinger, does the lenght of that connnecting pipe effect performance?

as i only have 2 options

1.get the stinger cut and rewelded at the angle i want

2.use some silicon hose(witch i have here) but its going to have a Ubend in it, and im unsure if thats going to effect perfomance?

main reason im asking is because i rember that long stinger pipe that came stock with the stock muffler starved the egine soo much

TerraKill

cordy said:
Looks very nice.Take your time.
i have been :) trying to pay attention to every detail and tips on the forum ive collected over the years.

so far the little things i been doing are

1.exhaust studs r on the engine to prevent bolt heads snapping off.

2.all of the drive train is being shimed to removed play (and i will be using a little fuel tubing in the diff cups to remove play from them also)

3.Spring washers have been added to the wishbone pins to remove play from the arms

4.coated all intake gaskets with a thin layer of silicon sealent to reduce any chance of air leaks

5.All threads have been retapped

6. shocks have had fuelline added to lower ride height

7.brandnew stainless bolts tho out, and im replacing all counter sunk bolts on the top side of the chassis with button heads, as buttonhead bolts have a deeper allen bolt socket for less chance to round things off.

8.All dogpins that are secured by grubs screws have had a tiny notch milled into the center of them so the grub scew sits nicely, and to reduce the chance of one sliding out of place intime

9. im making thin plastic rails to run on the underside of the car to prevent any of the bolt heads being ruined, if the underside of the chassis scraps on the floor(will be secured via velcro and bumper bolts)

10.ive used longer threaded bolts where i can for more grip and less chance to strip a thread (and secured a nylon nut on the other side if exposed, so i don't have to use thread lock)

11.going to replace turn buckles with stainless steel stud work, and i will notch some flat spots in the middle so a spanner will fit nicly (im doing this as studs will be stronger, and i can screw each deeper into its plastic mate)

12.used braided covers over the fuel lines for heat deflection and looks

13.ive removed the fuel filter from the tank, and fitted a inline nitro filter between the tnak and the carb, witch i replaced the inner filter with diffrent grades of steel cloth for a faster and more efficent filter system:cool:

if any1 can think of anything eles i can use to improve my car please go ahead and let me know, as im going to be using this car in next seasons outlaw ranked races and hopfully win some tropheys :D

once i have this car running how i want it, im going to be working on my rollcage, progressive nos system and hydrolic brakes(alrdy in the pipeline)

Deluge

Are you still using the clunk to keep the fuel line submerged in the tank? I was going to remove the in tank filter, as well and just run a non-filtered clunk.

Kinda like this...

dubq0637.jpg

TerraKill

Deluge said:
Are you still using the clunk to keep the fuel line submerged in the tank? I was going to remove the in tank filter, as well and just run a non-filtered clunk.Kinda like this...

dubq0637.jpg
nop, no clunk

im using the full force fuel kit, its copper pipe almost reachs half way down the tank, and i just put a bit of stiff fuel line on then end to reach the bottom

i can blow 3xs the amount of air tho this set up as i could the stock one

TerraKill

so i got my rear bumper mounted, and my dual stinger and pipe work

ive put some zip ties on the pipe work to stop it folding on its self

sorry the photos arent as good quality, couldnt find my camra

the stinger should sit nicly out the back of the shell =D i might lose the zip ties holding the stinger on and bolt it on properly, i only used zip ties as i thort it would be much easyer to take off if i needed

just paided my last customs fees so i should get my last main delivery monday tuesday, then im only waiting on the uberRC bearings(there having supply problems) but hopfully these should turn up next week and i can complet my build and bolt everything on to the chassis

G

Rcdad ive seen on one of your cars you have a longish pipe running from your exhaust to a stinger, does the lenght of that connnecting pipe effect performance?
I'm sure it does some degree. That's on a factory engine and I could not tell. I'm sure the silencer also effects it some.

G

1.get the stinger cut and rewelded at the angle i want2.use some silicon hose(witch i have here) but its going to have a Ubend in it, and im unsure if thats going to effect perfomance?
Changing the direction of the stinger is the better option.

TerraKill

RCDAD said:
Changing the direction of the stinger is the better option.
if i flip the stinger the other way, the angles become to sharp and the pipe folds no matter wht i do, unless i loopy loop it :p

G

TerraKill said:
so i got my rear bumper mounted, and my dual stinger and pipe workive put some zip ties on the pipe work to stop it folding on its self

sorry the photos arent as good quality, couldnt find my camra

the stinger should sit nicly out the back of the shell =D i might lose the zip ties holding the stinger on and bolt it on properly, i only used zip ties as i thort it would be much easyer to take off if i needed

just paided my last customs fees so i should get my last main delivery monday tuesday, then im only waiting on the uberRC bearings(there having supply problems) but hopfully these should turn up next week and i can complet my build and bolt everything on to the chassis
Bumpers look great. The exhaust setup look really cool. I'm curious to see how it performs.

G

TerraKill said:
if i flip the stinger the other way, the angles become to sharp and the pipe folds no matter wht i do, unless i loopy loop it :p
Yeah, I see that know with the new photos.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts