• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Project T1

BoukeG

Lol, when I saw this body, the first thing which come in mind: "Carmageddon". Just create a movie with Playmobil folks and run them over - THAT is going to be sooo funny. Excellent done 10+ for your originality! I love this body :)

TerraKill

BoukeG said:
Lol, when I saw this body, the first thing which come in mind: "Carmageddon". Just create a movie with Playmobil folks and run them over - THAT is going to be sooo funny. Excellent done 10+ for your originality! I love this body :)
thank very much, and to everyone eles.

haha im loving that idea, i might make a comical vidieo tomorrow :rolleyes:

im hoping, if the shell dosnt immtimmidate the bumper will :D

TerraKill

heres what you all been waiting for, heres a clip with some pass's, this is only 40% throttle and really rich settings

ps, the whining when i brake is the abs working :)

Last edited by a moderator:
G

That is running good. 40% you say. That is going to scream when it's all broke in and tuned!

Great Build!

TerraKill

RCDAD said:
That is running good. 40% you say. That is going to scream when it's all broke in and tuned! Great Build!
welll my epa will eventually be 87% oon the transmitter, and its currently set on 40%.

so a little under 1/2 throttle :rolleyes: sorry for confussion

G

I understood ya :)

It is impressive for about 1/2 throttle. It will fly when fully broke in and leaned out.

ChuenouXiao

TerraKill said:
heres what you all been waiting for, heres a clip with some pass's, this is only 40% throttle and really rich settings
Why does it sound like your running gears when you have a drive belt? Whirling turbo like sound? What is that? Is that from the engine?

G

The sound could actually be comming from the center diff.

Deluge

TerraKill said:
wow im lucky i didnt use my body just then :) this thing is out of controll, spinning all 4 with less then 1/2 throttle, and my turning circle is sooo bad, but i just need to sort out my toe and camber and it should be all good.

the car started to rev abit by its self, and im not sure if thts down to the juice box catching fuel as its running rich?

or i have an air leak somewhere, my guess is on an air leak but i might wait till the weekend and tune it at the track and see if it holds a tune, then ill know what it is

im just uploading footage now, be about an hour or 2

just noticed, the tank is almost empty so mayb it just ran out of fuel and this caused the weird revs, as it didnt do it to start with lol :) well see
Let us know how you like the juice box.

TerraKill

RCDAD said:
The sound could actually be comming from the center diff.
THat is my cars warcry!!! :D

or

the super dooper charger!

+1

but yeh that whining is the center diff, usually you wouldnt hear it under the noise of the gears clunking about :rolleyes:

and the camra im using seems to pick up the noise well

i kinda like it tbh:cool:

just tryed mounting my " AAAAAWHHHHHOOOOOOOOOGAAAAAAAAAAAA " horn i brought for a dirtbike, it worked :) but its way way to big to fit under the shell ahahahaaaa, gonna see if i can source a smaller one, or a sound box for some SFX

Last edited by a moderator:

TerraKill

Deluge said:
Let us know how you like the juice box.
this is gonna be a hard one,

as ive never ran it without the juice box and i have no plans to take it off yet, unless it develops a airleak, or to do some tests infront of the track members to find the truth about these things, as no1 run them so no1 really knows for sure, they just go by what they read witch is usually wrong so they don't think they work.

my understanding of them is as follows

when you open your throttle, it creates a vaccum in the juice box's chamber, then when you let off the throttle, that vaccum in the juice box's chamber then sucks in some of the reverbing fuel/air mix from the engine, witch is then "on tap" for when you get back on the throttle, and the engines vaccum will suck that mix out back out of the juice box reducing any chance of that bogg you get after getting back on the throttle.

i think other then improving the engines pick up, i don't think theres any other benifits like higher rpms or hp,

and you also need to make sure you get the right sized chamber for the engine.

its all good people putting boost bottles and juice box's on 23-29cc engines, but if thy don't create the vaccum needed to make it work they wont see any improvement.

But this is just my opinion

and i think the juicebox will fuction better over juice bottles as juice bottle seem to have a pipe running to the chambers, witch will cause "X" amount of resistance in creating the vaccum in the bottles and a longer delivery route, where they juice box's chamber is littrely 1-2mm from the intake

ill let u know the resualts if i do, do some tests at the track, as im already prepearing myself for an ear bashing with lots of people telling me "why did you waste your money on that" lol :D some 1 hast to test these things lol

G

TerraKill said:
just tryed mounting my " AAAAAWHHHHHOOOOOOOOOGAAAAAAAAAAAA " horn i brought for a dirtbike, it worked :) but its way way to big to fit under the shell ahahahaaaa, gonna see if i can source a smaller one, or a sound box for some SFX
Sweet! I've never thought about a horn. That would be cool!

See, there is always a use for one more channel. :D

Deluge

TerraKill said:
this is gonna be a hard one, as ive never ran it without the juice box and i have no plans to take it off yet, unless it develops a airleak, or to do some tests infront of the track members to find the truth about these things, as no1 run them so no1 really knows for sure, they just go by what they read witch is usually wrong so they don't think they work.

my understanding of them is as follows

when you open your throttle, it creates a vaccum in the juice box's chamber, then when you let off the throttle, that vaccum in the juice box's chamber then sucks in some of the reverbing fuel/air mix from the engine, witch is then "on tap" for when you get back on the throttle, and the engines vaccum will suck that mix out back out of the juice box reducing any chance of that bogg you get after getting back on the throttle.

i think other then improving the engines pick up, i don't think theres any other benifits like higher rpms or hp,

and you also need to make sure you get the right sized chamber for the engine.

its all good people putting boost bottles and juice box's on 23-29cc engines, but if thy don't create the vaccum needed to make it work they wont see any improvement.

But this is just my opinion

and i think the juicebox will fuction better over juice bottles as juice bottle seem to have a pipe running to the chambers, witch will cause "X" amount of resistance in creating the vaccum in the bottles and a longer delivery route, where they juice box's chamber is littrely 1-2mm from the intake

ill let u know the resualts if i do, do some tests at the track, as im already prepearing myself for an ear bashing with lots of people telling me "why did you waste your money on that" lol :D some 1 hast to test these things lol
I got ya. The theory sounds good. Just wondering how it works in a real world scenario. From what I understand, the volume of the juice box should be greater than the volume of the cylinder. Right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts