• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Project T1

TerraKill

Deluge said:
Those shocks are huge!
Huge is an understatment!!!

OMG :eek:

(the stock shock only looks extra short because ive done the fuel line mod to lower them)

im hoping i brought enuff shock oil to fill these things!

TerraKill

Yippee!!!!

i dooo belive i now have everything to finish my car (i think lol, ive order sooooo much, i lost trace of it all)

ahahahaha you think i have enuff liquid mask !!

lmao didnt realise i order tht much

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

OMFG.... I really like this :D I want to see it run! Please tell us how good that engine is and your experience with it! Going to slap in that engine into my XB soon too :D I like your bumper too :D

G

TerraKill said:
Huge is an understatment!!! OMG :eek:

(the stock shock only looks extra short because ive done the fuel line mod to lower them)

I'm lik'n those shocks. I might just have to try a set!

G

TerraKill said:
Yippee!!!!i dooo belive i now have everything to finish my car (i think lol, ive order sooooo much, i lost trace of it all)

ahahahaha you think i have enuff liquid mask !!

lmao didnt realise i order tht much
You should be OK. I look forwad to seeing it completed!

TerraKill

kinda noobed out here, but i didnt know so..... :)

just emptyed the oil that came in one of the shocks, and refilled with hpi 40wt oil thinking it would be thinker............errrrrr wrong.

with 40wt it feels like theres nothing in them!!! lmao, dang you need somthing three times thicker then 40wt.

need to find out what they come filled with.

ohh well, looks like im running stiff shocks at the front, and soft on the rear, witch suits me anyway :)

G

It depends on how the shocks are set up. What size holes in the plungers ect. 40wt might be stiff in one brand of shock, but light, in another.

TerraKill

b00m b00m!!!!!!!

only front bumper, plug in electrics and paint body left to go!!!!! omg i don't think i can wait another week to start this!! should have the car 100% done tomorrow and the body masked up atleast

the shocks are a close fit and i did have to fit my wishbone spacer on the other side to give me the extra 2mm needed for the shock to clear the dogbone (other then that perfect fit)

im also thinking of fitting the stock shocks without the springs for secondary shock power (but tht could be over kill im unsure yet)

Deluge

TerraKill said:
Huge is an understatment!!! OMG :eek:

How thick are those shock shafts?!

Deluge

TerraKill said:
b00m b00m!!!!!!!only front bumper, plug in electrics and paint body left to go!!!!! omg i don't think i can wait another week to start this!! should have the car 100% done tomorrow and the body masked up atleast

the shocks are a close fit and i did have to fit my wishbone spacer on the other side to give me the extra 2mm needed for the shock to clear the dogbone (other then that perfect fit)

im also thinking of fitting the stock shocks without the springs for secondary shock power (but tht could be over kill im unsure yet)
Looks great!

TerraKill

sneak peak while other pictures are uploading

TerraKill

Project TERRAWON! (T1)

i don't think people are gonna wanna race with me

(only got side body mounts, electrics and linkages left to do)

TerraKill

Ive got the body cut, and marked up.

and as i expected, i bodged it up so you don't need to tell me hahahaha!! im aboslutly rubbish at cutting bodys out, even with the right tools lol. lets hope my paint turns out better

ive had to make the wheel arches massive as im running baja Rears all round and extended hubs. ok i didnt mean to make the rear wheel archs that big, but they just kept getting bigger and bigger when trying to make them look even RoFlMao!

and yes the body looks lopp sided atmo, as the rear body post isnt secured properly ^.^

(ok the supercharger head isnt poking out that shell like i wanted, but i only need to get a velocity stack and it should, it is toutching the shell mounted as it is)

Well atleast i now have the option to run the stock MT tyres on this shell now ahahahhaaaaaaaa, ive gotta laff about it as i feel ive ruined alot of money messing this shell up (shouollda paid some1)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts