• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Post Your Grafil Body Photo Here

DUFFY

Here os a preview of my body.My body is not pretty,nor is it done yet I got some vinyl graphics coming. I ended up with a old school look. But here is my sc body I'll be racing with if I can find a event that allows electrics. It should look better When it's done but it's kinda mean. Needs the side body posts mounted still and graphics. I lost my logo stickers :( lol oh well. it should be done in a week if the vinyl comes in. This body feels strong though lol. I used 3m trim to get fender flares and some body lines. It's totally a pain to work with. I got a dead pool circle graphic for the sides coming, really needs them bad! It's so plain on the sides. Kinda wished I got my body done by a pro but it will look good when I'm done.

2lvgv1l.jpg

t5gjt0.jpg

G

Looks good man! I like the clear back portion. Very cool.

cordy

Looks terrific.Rember it`s your canvas,it just wouldnt be the same if you sent it out.don't get me wrong,sending it out is ok ik your completely intimidated about painting.Also if you race the body is gonna take a beating,so any misstakes or imperfections will be unnoticeable.

Last edited by a moderator:

DUFFY

I know what you mean about sending it out, I don't mind painting but I wanted to have it done just to get something like whats posted above or rcdads. Anything more complicated than what I did and I mess it up lol. I had a plan from the start though and it's not done with graphics. Other than a tiny amount of red I got on my hands then transferred to the body before painting it white it's pretty good. There are some hints of red on the a pillar on one side but decals should hide them lol. Pretty stupid mistake but it's not going to show. Racing will mess it up lol. The trim is on there pretty damn good but I might run silicon down the edges to make sure. Hate for those to fall off in a race:/

It has a after market bumber under there its just dark and it's kinda small. I might make a extender for the bumber out 2 sheets of sheet metal or daimond plate. I will add a rear bumber even if I don't like the look at some point. Would the roll cage thing from the xb fit in a xbe? I would be willing to drill holes if it cleared everything.

Deluge

DUFFY said:
Here os a preview of my body.My body is not pretty,nor is it done yet I got some vinyl graphics coming. I ended up with a old school look. But here is my sc body I'll be racing with if I can find a event that allows electrics. It should look better When it's done but it's kinda mean. Needs the side body posts mounted still and graphics. I lost my logo stickers :( lol oh well. it should be done in a week if the vinyl comes in. This body feels strong though lol. I used 3m trim to get fender flares and some body lines. It's totally a pain to work with. I got a dead pool circle graphic for the sides coming, really needs them bad! It's so plain on the sides. Kinda wished I got my body done by a pro but it will look good when I'm done. 2lvgv1l.jpg

t5gjt0.jpg
Looks awesome, dude!

grafildave

Use your body with care!

It would be a real shame, ruin it after so much work! ;)

In any case you have done a GREAT JOB!!!

Bravo!!!!

DUFFY

Thanks deluge. I'm going to do the duct tap,screen,glue thing to it so it will be pretty tough. The trim is kinda curled around the rims but I knew that would happen. Thank God for who ever drew the cut out lines on the body. I hate doing that so keep that up! Perhaps draw the cut 1/4 inch more off the front wheel wells back side.

G

grafildave said:
Use your body with care!It would be a real shame, ruin it after so much work! ;)

In any case you have done a GREAT JOB!!!

Bravo!!!!
If your going to race it just make sure you have bumpers and side posts. I do the mesh tape and bed liner to all my bodies.

G

grafildave said:
Now I want to see the Rally Car body of Bryan!! :D :D :D
Soon! Very Soon! I'm getting some help on the Rally. I do most of my own bodies, but for this one I need help. I will post in the next few Days. Then it will be time to try out the new Contour camera for some vids.

I've finally decided on my deign for the SC-G. Starting that now also!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts