• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Obeast's XB Buildup

Obeast44

Banned
The shocks fit fine, but they are designed for a car that is like 10lbs heavier. I will be buying the gold Losi 5ive springs. The reason I opted for these shocks is because they are super cheap to rebuild. You can buy everything to rebuild them, shock shafts, pistons, seals, bushings, rod ends, caps, spring perches and spring retainers for around $30. At that price they are hard to beat :D

As far as the body, its gonna be Black and Silver. :D

Deluge

Obeast44 said:
The shocks fit fine, but they are designed for a car that is like 10lbs heavier. I will be buying the gold Losi 5ive springs. The reason I opted for these shocks is because they are super cheap to rebuild. You can buy everything to rebuild them, shock shafts, pistons, seals, bushings, rod ends, caps, spring perches and spring retainers for around $30. At that price they are hard to beat :D As far as the body, its gonna be Black and Silver. :D
Holy crap! That's cheap.

ChuenouXiao

Obeast44 said:
The shocks fit fine, but they are designed for a car that is like 10lbs heavier. I will be buying the gold Losi 5ive springs. The reason I opted for these shocks is because they are super cheap to rebuild. You can buy everything to rebuild them, shock shafts, pistons, seals, bushings, rod ends, caps, spring perches and spring retainers for around $30. At that price they are hard to beat :D As far as the body, its gonna be Black and Silver. :D
Where can I buy those shocks? Got a site? :D

alfred e numan

For those folks running the redcat xb shocks, the front tb2 springs are a direct bolt up to the rear shocks on the xb. you can buy soft and hard rates. The tb2 shocks can be improved- fill in the stock piston holes- drill 4 .043" holes- i build lexan check plates. these fit under the piston- 0.19 thickness- 0.154" center hole, 4 holes in the check plate- 0.40" Assoaited -lucas 25 wt silicone.- this is for the rear shocks. Soon, i hope to spring for a set of the tb3-s and see what i can come up with - its trial and error for certan. Not certan if obeast said- the shocks on his cat are tb3-s.

G

Obeast44 said:
A few more shots of the rest of the stuff. IMG_03831.jpg

The Dogpile Racing 29.5 Wild Child Pro 5mm Long Rod!

IMG_03851.jpg

Front Pre-Assembly

IMG_03901.jpg

Front Post Assembly:

IMG_03931.jpg
What is the overall diameter of the Nutech Wheels?

G

They look bigger in the photo. That's about 5b size. I picked up a set of MCD V4s to try. They are about 180mm.

G

rampagemt said:
Awsome how you started after you had most of your parts. I can't wait like that
I'm the same way! Maybe if I decorated the Christmas Tree with bags of parts that would slow me down. :)

alfred e numan

What i like about the nutec rims is they run cleaner in the mud -tacky dirt. plenty of open gaps to shed the junk. they sqeal on pavement too!

G

alfred e numan said:
What i like about the nutec rims is they run cleaner in the mud -tacky dirt. plenty of open gaps to shed the junk. they sqeal on pavement too!
If you tell me they smoke too, I'm sold! LOL

Best place to pick up a set?

Obeast44

Banned
RCDAD said:
If you tell me they smoke too, I'm sold! LOLBest place to pick up a set?
I don't know if the link is allowed or not RCDad as Nutech is a competitor(albiet a more expensive and subpar one) to Redcat. I will post it because you asked :)

www.nutechracingusa.com

G

Yeah, I've been on that site. I was just wondering if there was any others state side. There seems to be more dealers across the pond. Thx. Man!

whittron

alfred e numan said:
For those folks running the redcat xb shocks, the front tb2 springs are a direct bolt up to the rear shocks on the xb. you can buy soft and hard rates. The tb2 shocks can be improved- fill in the stock piston holes- drill 4 .043" holes- i build lexan check plates. these fit under the piston- 0.19 thickness- 0.154" center hole, 4 holes in the check plate- 0.40" Assoaited -lucas 25 wt silicone.- this is for the rear shocks. Soon, i hope to spring for a set of the tb3-s and see what i can come up with - its trial and error for certan. Not certan if obeast said- the shocks on his cat are tb3-s.
Ya the shocks Obeast is running are not tb3 shocks,there actually mega monster shocks,i know this because i sold them to him,but yes the tb3 does run the same style.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts