• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Obeast's XB Buildup

Obeast44

Banned
Ok guys, I will be building my XB over the next few days. I will be posting a crap load of pics during the build so I am reserving 10 total posts so I can edit in all the pics/Info at one time.

EDIT: Here is some pics, I will add more decsription and such when I have more time. I am taking the kids to a theme park for a few hours.

Also, noticably absent from the pics are the Grafil XBG body and FLM Diveline components. The body is at the painter and the FLM driveline stuff is still being made.

On with the pics!

These are shots of pretty much everything going into the XB. I haven't purchased a pipe as of yet as I haven't decided which one I want, or if I want a custom one made.

IMG_03881.jpg

IMG_03781.jpg

IMG_03811.jpg

IMG_03821.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Obeast44

Banned
A few more shots of the rest of the stuff.

IMG_03831.jpg

The Dogpile Racing 29.5 Wild Child Pro 5mm Long Rod!

IMG_03851.jpg

Front Pre-Assembly

IMG_03901.jpg

Front Post Assembly:

IMG_03931.jpg

Obeast44

Banned
This is how it will pretty much sit until I get the parts from FLM or my stock replacements back. I got the huge Nutech shocks mounted up, and just like Whittron said, I will need lighter springs. The stock ones are WAY to stiff, luckily Losi 5ive springs fit!

IMG_04261.jpg

IMG_04281.jpg

Obeast44

Banned
FLM stuff in! Unfortunately the closeup shots I took before I mounted them got corrupted when my memory card decided to go poof! So post mounting shots will have to suffice.

I must say, in advance, that these are first run parts. Yes, they bolted up perfectly, and will no doubt last a VERY VERY long time. They are only lacking in having multiple pin slots cut into them, reinforcement ring built in and pin retention on the CVD will likely be changed. It has something like Cat5mfg rings on the CVDs currently. He didn't want to go all out without first confirming that everything was perfect in the dimensions. One thing I did have him change was the thread portion length, he added 5mm to it so you won't need to router out your wheels to fit standard FG equipment. Enough babbling, on with the pics :D

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

alfred e numan

chicken

we were comeing back to stinking creek tenn from kyaking on norris lake one time , tired, hungry, broke. this rooster ran out of the bushes - the straight axle on the dodge truck snapped its neck. we dressed the bird on the spot. took it to the cabin and cooked it. It was a tough old rooster but we were glad to have it! road kill dinner!!!

alfred e numan

alfred e numan said:
we were comeing back to stinking creek tenn from kyaking on norris lake one time , tired, hungry, broke. this rooster ran out of the bushes - the straight axle on the dodge truck snapped its neck. we dressed the bird on the spot. took it to the cabin and cooked it. It was a tough old rooster but we were glad to have it! road kill dinner!!!
yea, my uncle ran a strip mine in tenn. he showed us how to fish with a Dupont lure. - ruptures the fishes air bladders, they float up top belly up.

G

Got up this morning, noticed new posts, thought for sure I'd see some awesome pics.

C'mon the anticipation is kill'n me. desismileys_3710.gif

Knuckles

Looking good, how long ago and what are you having FLM making you in the way of driveline parts? Just wondering because they have the best dog bones around. I hope you are not in to much of a rush for them because they have been making me a dog bones for my flux for almost 5 months now, and I did have to order minimum of 8 bones. So I think we should all get together and see if they will make them if we are all on board to order them to make it worth the while for them. I would buy bones all around for my xbe. Maybe 2 sets.

G

Knuckles said:
Looking good, how long ago and what are you having FLM making you in the way of driveline parts? Just wondering because they have the best dog bones around. I hope you are not in to much of a rush for them because they have been making me a dog bones for my flux for almost 5 months now, and I did have to order minimum of 8 bones. So I think we should all get together and see if they will make them if we are all on board to order them to make it worth the while for them. I would buy bones all around for my xbe. Maybe 2 sets.
I have 3 x-series platforms and would buy for all of them :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts