• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Not impress with my Hitech HS-5755MG

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Yep. Comes with everything you need.
Deluge... does this charger that you recommended... does it do discharge on battery?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Deluge said:
Too much hassle. Much easier just to run them down.
The nickle batteries do better when run all the way down. If you run them down by just driving, you will start glitching out at around 4 volts. There is still juice left at that point. Just not enough for the receiver and servos. The nickle batteries can develop a charge memory. If not completely cycled they will eventually not take a full charge.

Shawn213

RCDAD said:
The nickle batteries do better when run all the way down. If you run them down by just driving, you will start glitching out at around 4 volts. There is still juice left at that point. Just not enough for the receiver and servos. The nickle batteries can develop a charge memory. If not completely cycled they will eventually not take a full charge.
nicd batterys will develop a memory i have never had a case where a nimh did i have used reciever packs for a couple of years with only topping them off with no issues and i even leave them sit all winter

G

I've had the fail just in storage where I can no longer get them to take a charge. That was my main reason for switching to lipo RX packs.

Shawn213

RCDAD said:
I've had the fail just in storage where I can no longer get them to take a charge. That was my main reason for switching to lipo RX packs.
if you are not going to run the lipo for a while i would only leave them at like 50% capacity also try to keep them in a cool place, i have seen more lipo's die in storage than nimh batterys

G

This is what I have gone by:

Technically, NiMH batteries do not have a "memory effect", but strictly speaking neither do NiCds.* However NiMH batteries can experience voltage depletion, also called voltage depression, similar to that of NiCd batteries, but the effect is normally* less noticeable.* To completely eliminate the possibility of NiMH batteries suffering any voltage depletion effect* manufacturers recommend an occasional, complete discharge of NiMH batteries followed by a full recharge. NiMH batteries can also be damaged by overcharge and improper storage (see the NiCd section immediately above this one). Most users of NiMH batteries don't have to be concerned with this voltage depletion effect.* But if you use a device say a flashlight, radio, or digital camera for only a short time every day and then charge the batteries every night, you will need to let the NiMH (or NiCd) batteries run down occasionally.

Is this not correct? I'm only as accurate as my teachers. LOL

Last edited:

amstel78

RCDAD said:
Is this not correct? I'm only as accurate as my teachers. LOL
That's correct. I use a 12v automotive light bulb to fully discharge my NiCD and NiMH packs. I've been doing that for years. No problem yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts