• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Not impress with my Hitech HS-5755MG

G

ChuenouXiao said:
So are we getting an upgrade from 7075? What kind of material and mod will it be?
It will be a whole new assembly.

ChuenouXiao

regarding my new battery, how do I take care of it? I charge it over night and maybe run my XB for like 1hour and stop.... and then might not be able to run until next week. Sometime I run it 1 hour or more and twice a week. I don't have a voltage meter thingy... so how do I take care of my battery with out overcharging it? Is it safe to charge a battery that is at 70% charge? should I charge 4 hours instead of 8 hours because its already 70% charge?

G

It's ok to do partial charges. Your little Redcat charger won't over charge it. Maybe once every couple months you can cycle it. Fully drain the battery and recharge. Do the a few times when you do. It's easy just pick up any 12v automotive lightbulb. They work great to drain the pack.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
It's ok to do partial charges. Your little Redcat charger won't over charge it. Maybe once every couple months you can cycle it. Fully drain the battery and recharge. Do the a few times when you do. It's easy just pick up any 12v automotive lightbulb. They work great to drain the pack.
Got pic? What kind of connection does that particular light bolt have?

G

I don't have mine any more. I have a charger that will cycle a battery for me. Just head over to your walmart, go into the automotive dept., and pick up a trailer marking light. It will be in a housing with just two wires sticking out of it. You can just install a plug that matches your battery onto the two wires.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
I don't have mine any more. I have a charger that will cycle a battery for me. Just head over to your walmart, go into the automotive dept., and pick up a trailer marking light. It will be in a housing with just two wires sticking out of it. You can just install a plug that matches your battery onto the two wires.
I see, awesome :D .... maybe I should buy me a charger... which one do you recommend... simple... good quality and cheap?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
regarding my new battery, how do I take care of it? I charge it over night and maybe run my XB for like 1hour and stop.... and then might not be able to run until next week. Sometime I run it 1 hour or more and twice a week. I don't have a voltage meter thingy... so how do I take care of my battery with out overcharging it? Is it safe to charge a battery that is at 70% charge? should I charge 4 hours instead of 8 hours because its already 70% charge?
Run the battery until it's dead. Then you won't have to rig up something to discharge it. You won't overcharge it, dude. The stock wall charger is only putting out 250mA. You'd have to leave it on the charger for 30 hours to overcharge it.

By the way, I did my math. You should be leaving the battery on the charger for around 24 hours in order to get a full charge.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
I see, awesome :D .... maybe I should buy me a charger... which one do you recommend... simple... good quality and cheap?
Very happy with my Onyx 200. Been using it for years. If you just want a charger for NiMH's, this would be a great option. You can get it for around $40.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Very happy with my Onyx 200. Been using it for years. If you just want a charger for NiMH's, this would be a great option. You can get it for around $40.
Do I just plug it to the wall? Any other accessories I need to get?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts