• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Not impress with my Hitech HS-5755MG

ChuenouXiao

There is a RC shop in Sacramento here that has a 4000 mah HPI battery I guess... I think they are charging $46 for it... because I can't wait a couple days for shipping I'm deciding to go in tomorrow and buy it.... although I get a better deal from DDM. What are your thoughts guys?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

Trip.. said:
Here is an easy test, turn the wheels side to side while the car is in the air, now continue doing this and apply the brakes, does the steering slow down? If so the batt is dead, charge it or toss it in the bin.
Nope... the battery is still very responsive.... I think the battery is aging I assume. Going to replace the battery first as the first step to troubleshooting.

G

ChuenouXiao said:
There is a RC shop in Sacramento here that has a 4000 mah HPI battery I guess... I think they are charging $46 for it... because I can't wait a couple days for shipping I'm deciding to go in tomorrow and buy it.... although I get a better deal from DDM. What are your thoughts guys?
Always nice to support the local shops. It's up to you man. If you want it tomorrow it's worth the extra money to not have to wait.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Always nice to support the local shops. It's up to you man. If you want it tomorrow it's worth the extra money to not have to wait.
You are right... I do want them to stay in business in situation like this too right? :D

ChuenouXiao

Trip.. said:
Then it's not the battery.
What kind of servo do you have Trip? The stock one or other brand? What else do you think it could be bud?

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
If you can't wait, go for it. 4000mAh is fine.

Trip..

ChuenouXiao said:
What kind of servo do you have Trip? The stock one or other brand? What else do you think it could be bud?
Well since I got my Rampage 2 days ago it's still stock, but that stock servo can't find center, so I ripped it out and tossed in a no-name China servo. In my other R/C's I run a pair of 5755's and I hate them.

I just dropped some coin on a new Savox http://www.ebay.com/itm/390458962044?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1041wt_934

ChuenouXiao

Trip.. said:
Well since I got my Rampage 2 days ago it's still stock, but that stock servo can't find center, so I ripped it out and tossed in a no-name China servo. In my other R/C's I run a pair of 5755's and I hate them.I just dropped some coin on a new Savox http://www.ebay.com/itm/390458962044?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1041wt_934
Why don't you like hitech? This servo you listed here... how is it better then hitech? Savox? Is this one for the steering? Will it fit our XB?

ChuenouXiao

OUCH! $50.63 after tax for a 4000mah at my local RC shop.... oh ... well... I guess I can consider shipping and convenience cost with that if I was to order it online :D Could of gotten the 5000mah from DDM but that will be later when I get the aluminum horn i guess :D

ChuenouXiao

Guys I don't think this new battery that I bought will fit on the switch connector... its one more pin bigger... what should I do?

Stock on left... red and the new battery on right ... black.... different connector....

Or maybe I just connect the battery straight to the receiver? Is that ok? Or should I cut the wire and re-solder? Does the stock switch have some sort of fuse? If not then maybe I can just connect the battery straight to the receiver? :D What can I do to use a switch?

G

Replace the plug on the switch with a female futaba switch. You could get a switch with the futaba plug.

If you need to run it today take the switch off the old battery and install it on the new one.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Replace the plug on the switch with a female futaba switch. You could get a switch with the futaba plug. If you need to run it today take the switch off the old battery and install it on the new one.
I took matter into my own hand Rcdad.... before you responded I manage to detach both wires from each battery from its harness and swap em.... but I realize since I retracted the fine pins to hold them into the harness during the extraction... the wire inside the harness come loose easily . So I cut the wire from the switch female harness and strip one inch of each wire. Then I put the male wire prong thingy that I extracted from its original harness, from the battery, over to both strip wire from the switch side. Crushed it with pliers to tightening the grip and use electric tape to seal both side (Couldn't find my soldering tool). Now I dremel one side of my battery compartment for the wire to be available for charging :D I think I will have to rewire when my battery reach the end of its life :D

Is it safe to charge the battery while the battery is still attach to my receiver?

G

I never take my batteries out to recharge them. It is recommended to take them out to be monitored. It will not hurt your receiver. The power switch, when turned off, disconnects the receiver from the power.

ChuenouXiao

Here you go.... amateur rush job :D Will do a better job once I have to re-wire :D Of course you can't see the inside wiring but here is the finish job :D Its charging now .... desismileys_4421.gif

BTW... I've tested the new 4000 mah battery on a three to four hour charge... it seem to fix my problem... but I don't truly know until I actually run my XB. So far... on a not fully charge new battery on carpet... it seem to boost my servo performance.... making me turn my tire easily.... will update you guys later....

G

That works. If you used electrical tape, I recomend replacing it with shrink tubing. The tape can start to come off. The shrink tube makes for a cleaner install.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
That works. If you used electrical tape, I recomend replacing it with shrink tubing. The tape can start to come off. The shrink tube makes for a cleaner install.
Good idea.... the electrical tape is just temporary... but that is good idea... will do if I decide to keep the electrical tape idea. What I really wanted is to put back on the female switch harness so I can easily detach my battery.... basically right now my new battery is permanently attach to the switch... with no harness to detach from :D So I will have to cut it later if the battery goes bad LOL

G

Yeah, you need a plug between the batt and switch.

G

Be carful man, easy way to ruin a battery. Do that to a lipo and you are asking for fire. desismileys_2250.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts