• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Not impress with my Hitech HS-5755MG

Trip..

ChuenouXiao said:
Why don't you like hitech? This servo you listed here... how is it better then hitech? Savox? Is this one for the steering? Will it fit our XB?
Every single Hitec servo I have ever owned has failed. Some from use, some from just sitting in a box for 3-4 years. I won't get into it on this forum, but there are other forums where I've gone into great detail about my distest for all things Hitec.

I have no idea if the Savox are better, but I'll give them one chance. Yes it's for the steering and I believe this Savox will fit with some persuation.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
I took matter into my own hand Rcdad.... before you responded I manage to detach both wires from each battery from its harness and swap em.... but I realize since I retracted the fine pins to hold them into the harness during the extraction... the wire inside the harness come loose easily . So I cut the wire from the switch female harness and strip one inch of each wire. Then I put the male wire prong thingy that I extracted from its original harness, from the battery, over to both strip wire from the switch side. Crushed it with pliers to tightening the grip and use electric tape to seal both side (Couldn't find my soldering tool). Now I dremel one side of my battery compartment for the wire to be available for charging :D I think I will have to rewire when my battery reach the end of its life :D Is it safe to charge the battery while the battery is still attach to my receiver?
I take my receiver batteries out when I charge them. I like to keep an eye on them.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Good idea.... the electrical tape is just temporary... but that is good idea... will do if I decide to keep the electrical tape idea. What I really wanted is to put back on the female switch harness so I can easily detach my battery.... basically right now my new battery is permanently attach to the switch... with no harness to detach from :D So I will have to cut it later if the battery goes bad LOL
You could solder some micro deans plugs on the switch and the battery. Just an idea.

ChuenouXiao

Regarding my new Venom 4000mah battery pack.... I'm using my stock charger with the white plug. How long should I charge this battery to ensure it has a full charge?

ChuenouXiao

OK... guys.... so was running my XB and I notice with a full charge on my new battery..... it turns my XB a lot better now. But its not 100% I would say.... its 80% now. With the old battery.... it was 30% regarding tight turns... On the new battery I don't expect a tight turn above 27mph. That makes sense right? The XB covering more ground resulting in less turn radius :D Unless you guys are telling me that you are busting donuts after turning from a 40mph without stopping lol? Btw... I can't make a complete judgment on my steering issue until I have completely replace my servo steering mount and servo horn into a aluminum piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

A full crank on the TX wheel at 40mph will only result is spinout or a rollover. LOL

That's why we have brakes. :D

G

The link between the two bell cranks is weak. When the 7075RC steering comes out our steering issues will improve.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
The link between the two bell cranks is weak. When the 7075RC steering comes out our steering issues will improve.
got a pic of what you're talking about? Sorry... too noob here :D What is oldfart making that will improve our steering?

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
A full crank on the TX wheel at 40mph will only result is spinout or a rollover. LOLThat's why we have brakes. :D
I guess my question is at what speed do you experience less turn radius on your XB rcdad?

G

ChuenouXiao said:
The link that connects both of the wheel in the front together right? Is that the one your talking about?
That's the sway bar.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
The link that connects both of the wheel in the front together right? Is that the one your talking about?
It's the little chrome connecting rod in the steering rack. Looks like a little wire.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts